“Weekend at Bernie’s” 2022 style

Just off the phone with my dad talking about this, that's my home town - Carlow - always been a mental town but this takes the biscuit
It’s the kind of thing you’d expect in a script for “The Young Ones” or “Bottom”………

It’s the kind of thing you’d expect in a script for “The Young Ones” or “Bottom”………
Yup, and the fact I lived a minute from this spot, used to collect my dole there for a short term when I was 18, makes it even freakier! - also not very surprised because the area is pretty rough, think Shameless meets Snatch and that's not much of an exaggeration.

They could also have been inspired by how Mossad got Adolph Eichman out of Argentina to Israel onto an an El Al flight from Buenos Aires. He was drugged and passed off as a sick airline employee and held up between two agents as they passed through airport security The agents had sedated him and dressed him in an El Al uniform .

Having read both of Keith's posts ...maybe not :D

Last edited:
As usual there's conflicting information across the tabloids - one article I read suggested that the 2 men were in no hurry to flee the scene after post office staff rang the guards, and were questioned for a couple hours before being let go - another similar and equally thrash paper said they immediately fleed the scene after dropping the body and police are hunting for them. Both agree that the men claimed the guy was having a heart attack when staff became suspicious so it's either they laid him down after the claim and waited for medics to arrive or they dropped him like a hot potato and legged it. I'm guessing the latter. The shop was packed at the time as many collect their social welfare at that time on a Friday afternoon, witnessing that would stick in yer head for a bit!

As usual there's conflicting information across the tabloids - one article I read suggested that the 2 men were in no hurry to flee the scene after post office staff rang the guards, and were questioned for a couple hours before being let go - another similar and equally thrash paper said they immediately fleed the scene after dropping the body and police are hunting for them. Both agree that the men claimed the guy was having a heart attack when staff became suspicious so it's either they laid him down after the claim and waited for medics to arrive or they dropped him like a hot potato and legged it. I'm guessing the latter. The shop was packed at the time as many collect their social welfare at that time on a Friday afternoon, witnessing that would stick in yer head for a bit!

It's such a bizarre story I expect the tabloids indulged in a little embellishment. :D

And today’s “s*** for Brains” award goes to………
Carlow body: Inquiry after 'dead man' brought into post office https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60091753

Weekend at Bernie's is a good movie, it's a good comedy, it's great fun. I love it. But it only works in the fictional world of movies, it's meant to be a fantasy enjoyment.

You're right, those crooks, no idea what does on in their minds, how could they possibility think they could pull it off in the real world. It only works in a movie, but not in the real world.

I agree with you, they should get that kind of award you think they should get.

They sure pulled a Bernie. :)

Back