Lea Roberts
Edit My Images
No
ok only a bit of fun but i was pretty shocked at how well it came out lol

_MG_2001.jpg

now the downside of low shutter speeds
_MG_2021.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking shot Lea, one of your best (y) Tbh i am looking at this bird photograhy stuff with a different head on. A bit like the dedicated Marlin fisherman, the object of the sport is to catch the biggest Marlin on the lightest line, that is where the skill is. I am going for the get the best pic on the lowest shutter speed :D

Super shot. nailed as I like to say. :clap:

Cracking shot Lea, one of your best (y) Tbh i am looking at this bird photograhy stuff with a different head on. A bit like the dedicated Marlin fisherman, the object of the sport is to catch the biggest Marlin on the lightest line, that is where the skill is. I am going for the get the best pic on the lowest shutter speed :D

Ah your getting it,(y) ...not that I do as much as most, but people often dismiss it, not understanding it's also about photographic finesse, not just about shooting wildlife. ...the detail, the rarity, the bokeh, the natural pose, the spot on exposure. ..and the immense effort it takes to get all that in one cool shot.

Kingfishers shot slow just for fun...... some people have all the luck :LOL: superb image ;)

That bird must really have some patience to stand still for that length of time.;) Lovely capture.

Congratulations, great shot.

:cautious: Is it nailed to the log ?

Nicely caught! They do sit still sometimes - just not often enough.

thanks all for the comments, i think its just luck that it stayed still long enough for me to fire of a few shots. i have now posted a shot that shows the downside of such low shutter speeds

Your not too bad at this photography lark are ya;) Well done Lea smashing shot as usual.

thanks all for the comments, i think its just luck that it stayed still long enough for me to fire of a few shots. i have now posted a shot that shows the downside of such low shutter speeds

I dont know Lea that 2nd shot has a strange appeal to it, if you had kept the camera still enough to have maintained the post sharp, the movement in the bird would have made a different slant on a familiar shot.

yeah i see what your saying martyn im back again in the morning so maybe i will get another chance, the thing is where it has come at the post from a different angle i have had to move the camera, sods law m8

Great shots Lea, you will probably hate me for this but I prefer the second one but thats just me :D

Great shots Lea, you will probably hate me for this but I prefer the second one but thats just me :D

i dont hate you at all m8 we all like different things but like martyn was saying i think the post needs to be sharp for it to work :)

i could always copy a post from one of my other shots lol

Last edited:
Dreamer.....are these taken near where you live ???? as I work in Grays and have never seen one never mind photographed one.
Any help appreciated on location (y)

Was thinking that myself :D

if i have no joy tomorrow i will get it sorted :)

Dreamer.....are these taken near where you live ???? as I work in Grays and have never seen one never mind photographed one.
Any help appreciated on location (y)

sorry i work hard tracking down my prey and setting up my shots so i am not going to hand the location of my sites over sorry

Great effort Lea and you have inspired me to try the same with our local Dippers.

The first is brilliant, and would be at any shutter speed. I really like the effect in the second, and agree with Martyn about the post.

Great effort Lea and you have inspired me to try the same with our local Dippers.

thanks donna, if i can do it anyone can you just gotta put in the time and have a bit of patience. look forward to seeing your shots :)

The first is brilliant, and would be at any shutter speed. I really like the effect in the second, and agree with Martyn about the post.

thanks m8

Back