0.45 wide angle lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

If I put a 0.45 wide angle lens on a 20mm what will it become mm wise?

Does it affect the f number?

Thanks

The above is correct, but when a multiplication/magnification factor is quoted all you need do is multiply by that factor.

Ie 20mm x 0.45 = 9

You'll get a serious reduction in image quality.

Don't bother getting one. You'd be better off getting a cheap wide angle lens for your phone camera as you'll get similar results.

not worth the effort of getting one then? lol

There are pretty good ones and poor ones.

I've had two, I used them on my GF1+20mm. One produced good images and the other was, frankly, crap but it did allow really close focus and gave "interesting" if rather crap images :D so my money wasn't wasted :D

The one that was ok produced images that were perfectly fine for screen viewing or printing to A4 so don't be too put off by those who (almost) automatically say these things are crap... for sure they're not as good as a real wide angle lens but for £10-20 what do you expect?

If you fancy one get one and have fun with it.

Last edited:
There are pretty good ones and poor ones.

I've had two, I used them on my GF1+20mm. One produced good images and the other was, frankly, crap but it did allow really close focus and gave "interesting" if rather crap images :D so my money wasn't wasted :D

The one that was ok produced images that were perfectly fine for screen viewing or printing to A4 so don't be too put off by those who (almost) automatically say these things are crap... for sure they're not as good as a real wide angle lens but for £10-20 what do you expect?

If you fancy one get one and have fun with it.

Thanks dude. I have just bought a 18-55 lens and one of these neewer wide angle lenses comes with it. Looking forward to see what its like.

Back