Edit My Images
Yes
I took photos for our regional James Bond Premiere last week. I have had some really positive feedback, but would like some impartial feedback. It is the first time I have done anything like this, so some pointers for future reference would be appreciated. There are about 300 photos, so I can't post them on here!!!!!

The photos can be found here

Mixed bunch there. Some are very good however there are some that have glaring errors and I would either fix or remove before presenting to client. You pehaps aren't doing that but I will say it anyway.

Examples are backfocusing, flashback and legs chopped off with loads of room above heads (I know that problem and the culprit is autofocusing, to fix this you should remind yourself to focus then reposition before firing)

Good job, i am sure there are plenty there that people will use.

Gary (y)

Yes I agree. Some good stuff but they definitely need weeding through with a fine tooth comb. There are some very obvious duff ones there too, which you dont want a client to see.ie, your own shadow in one, people walking directly out of the image, etc etc. There is too many for me to go through them one by one and tell you which ones particularly, so put your critique head on and look through again!! (y)

12 pages, some very good stuff, but also a lot of snapshots, the secret to impressing people is only show your best work...thats why i havent posted a shot in months

*sigh* Eva Green didn't attend then?

I agree with some of the ^^^^^^ comments. Some of the shots (the girl in the car) are a bit blurred. But good on you for having a go and putting them up which is more than I have done recently. I reckon Matty has some good advice about only putting up your best.

Thanks for the comments guys. The premiere was in aid of raising money for the east anglian air ambulance, and there were some very influencial people there. I've already had a query from a company wanting some shots in their magazine.

I agree with the comments. I always find it harder to be critical of my own shots, as I don't think I'll ever take a picture I'm 100% pleased with!!!

Once again, Thanks guys. (y) (y)

Back