055xprob or 190xprob and 804RC2 head??

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Im trying to get a new tripod and ive been looking at the manfrotto ones that can swing round without taking the camera off.

Im not sure which is better the 055 or the 190.

Also which head should I go for. Im thinking the 804RC2

As a final thing, what would I expect to pay for a 055xprob and 804RC2 head?

Thanks in advance.

Depends how heavy your camera/lens combo is TBH.

The 055 max height is greater than the 190, carries greater weight and is also more sturdy.

I have the 804RC2 and it's a lovely head for the money, but again it depends on what type of photography you'll be doing as to what head people will recommend.

055xprob plus 804RC2, expect to pay in the region of £150-175.

Hope this helps

Mark

DOH...just noticed your gear list under you signature! Erm...the 190 should be fine for your needs, but may want the peace of mind with the 055, which BTW, will be a little heavier to lug around

I have 055 PROB with 804RC2 head
paid £160 odd @ where house eggs press
very pleased with it

I'm getting the 050 prob with the 804rc2 head about the same price 160.
I use the d200 + heavy lenses
the 190 might be OK for the 400d but would depend upon which lenses you would eventually buy. Both are very good tripods

I use the 190PROB and 486RC2 head. I've used it on several occasions now with the camera, grip, 70-200 and 2xTC (or even both TC's together!) and been impressed. It's a good, sturdy set up which - quite frankly will walk all over the gear you're putting on it right now, and would also future-proof you to an extent. Are you set on a 3 way head for any particular reason? I found a ball head took a little getting used to but I'm more than happy with it now I have to admit.

The 055 prob is a superb tripod for the money..mine gets plenty of use and can highly recommend it(y)

I heartily recommend the 055xPro (the one that does the cool centre column trick). Never before have I had such confidence in a tripod. I bought mine from Morris Photo who were the cheapest one I could find on the t'interweb at the time.

I want a good quick and easy head. But I dont want to spend more than 160.
All round use, mainly outside work but some inside portaits.

I used to have the grip action 322rc..great bit of kit at £80

Morris Photographic have the 190xPROB and 804RC2 head for £135.00, or the 190xPROB and 486RC2 ballhead at £133.00. Both fairly good prices I think, and with free delivery too. Linky

I went for the 055 as it reaches my eye level without having to extend the centre column, at almost 6 feet tall it was a bonus. The 190 would be short. Althought the 055 is heavier it did feel more solid in the shop. No regrets, with the 488RC2, its a superb combo.

I am 6ft 3", I have an anciant old (20yr+)055B and a new 804rc2 for D80 with grip and 300f4.
I used to use a 168qr ball head but I could never keep the horiz when tilting

was thinking of getting the pair from fotosense but they have bad reviews, im sure things will be ok for you though since noone rights good reviews

Well, I'll buck that trend and say that Morris Photo are the best mail order camera shop I've used so far.

Very helpful on the phone, and on the net they send emails to let you know how your order is progressing, and use very fast delivery methods on their free delivery.

Not to mention their 'Frotto and Crumpler prices are nigh on unbeatable most of the time.

Second that, ordered mine from Morris, came really quick, cheapest I found and no issues.

thats the 055XB not the 055XproB im pretty sure but I dont think the XB has the horizontal center column

Hi,

were u happy with fotosense? becuase they seems to offer very cheap but no good reviews online about them..

Back