1/3 of my 'favourite girls'

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Which would be the dog - Penny - soaking up some sun, having a quick gander past me to see what was going on at the road further down.

5661707684_327d1f01d7_o.jpg

Black & white is a style of photography which I've always loved, even before I got into 'togging myself, so now that i'm trying to get back out with the camera a little more (business took over), I'm aiming to improve my photography skills, starting with learning the art of black & white photos/editing/processing.

Comments & critisism welcome, as always. (y)

I really like this. You've got down low to take the shot and it adds impact.

A couple of minor points, which IMO could easily be just me being picky.

- The dog is looking to the left, yet your space is to the right. I'd have tried to give more space for the dog to look into.

- There is a lot of space above the dog. I'd be tempted to crop down to that blob of light on the post in the background.

Just minor points though. All in all, it's a nice portrait.

-Ian.

Really like this. I would agree with harlequin565, abit of a crop to get rid of the some of the background, but I really like the blurred background.

I like this shot the composition is great and the depth of field works well
Like you i love b/w they just seem to add something that colour cant

R33SY

Thanks for the comments guys.

I really like this. You've got down low to take the shot and it adds impact.

A couple of minor points, which IMO could easily be just me being picky.

- The dog is looking to the left, yet your space is to the right. I'd have tried to give more space for the dog to look into.

- There is a lot of space above the dog. I'd be tempted to crop down to that blob of light on the post in the background.

Just minor points though. All in all, it's a nice portrait.

-Ian.

Much appreciated fella, they're both points which i'd not thought of, especially the blob on the post in the background. (y)

On the subject of the dog looking into the space, is this any better? Another one taken from the same day, in colour however.

5660786499_9a434efc29_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back