1:3 or 1:1?

Huge congrats CT. :icon_cool :icon_cool :icon_cool

I really enjoy using the 1D MkII and this seems to be a nice step forward again.

Thanks Daz, I must admit I'm pretty made up. :)

<---Insanely Jealous.

Although it's definately too much camera for me...I'm still jealous :)

don't get too excited there old man, wouldn't want you to go doing your back in lifting that lump :whistling

Looks more than a little bit desireable :banana:

Remember to condition the battery CT.
It doesn't say in the manual ( at least it didn't for the old 1DMKII ) but refresh the battery for the first three charges.
Then refresh occasionally.

Congrats.
It's a beast, you'll love it. :thumb:
I find the 1.3 crop factor the perfect balance since I enjoy all forms of photography.

Cameron

Now that you have your new toy, will you be joining us on the beaches?

congratulations on your new toy.

Marcel said:
<---Insanely Jealous.

Although it's definately too much camera for me..

I don't agree Bod.. :nono: You would be really at home with it after only a couple of hours use, Other than the extra weight and larger body the speed of the autofocus and drive mode is insane... :shock:

Congrats on your new camera CT. Enjoy it to the full, I love my 1DMk2. :thumb:

Now do some testing to ascertain if it's truly weather sealed... :tonofbric

Thats some nice engineering ;)

Congratulations :thumb:

Garnock said:
Remember to condition the battery CT.
It doesn't say in the manual ( at least it didn't for the old 1DMKII ) but refresh the battery for the first three charges.
Then refresh occasionally.

Thanks Cameron I was wondering about that. :thumb:

Matt said:
Now that you have your new toy, will you be joining us on the beaches?
I'd love to Matt, but I've got to be very doubtful we can make it at the moment. :headshake

milou said:
Now do some testing to ascertain if it's truly weather sealed... :tonofbric

I've no doubts on that score having seen Matt leaving his 1DS MK11 out in pouring rain all day at Chester Zoo. Despite being p***ed on by the elephants and a couple of baboons it was still firing on all cylinders. :icon_eek:

I do need a waterproofed lens though to be really safe. ;)

CT said:
I've no doubts on that score having seen Matt leaving his 1DS MK11 out in pouring rain all day at Chester Zoo. Despite being p***ed on by the elephants and a couple of baboons it was still firing on all cylinders. :icon_eek:

Yeah and the camera was still working well too :coat:

Congratulations CT. I am glad it has arrived and your initial impressions are favourable. BTW when you give Jan the 20D please get her to show you how to set the white balance correctly ;)

White balance! You mean that after all this time CT's been shooting Jpegs?!?!

I knew it! lol

Well I'm now totally in love with this camera. I think I've pretty well got to grips with it by playing with it and just referring to the manual when I was stumped. Now I just want to get out an use it and it's chucking it down. I know it's weather proof, but I'm not. :p

I did just manage this serious shot though..:D

Or5m2842_filtered.jpg

Spot metering - I can't tell you how much I've missed that.

The Op/tech neckstrap which IanC very kindly got for a few of us considerably lightens the weight even of this beast hanging round your neck. :thumb:

Thats looks like a self potrait of you waiting against the window the night before it arrived ;)

I am really pleased for you buddy, I know it will be looked after and above all used and enjoyed. Now all we have to wait for is some seriously good photos to warrant your outlay.

Steve said:
Now all we have to wait for is some seriously good photos to warrant your outlay.

Steady on! :icon_eek: :LOL:

Garnock said:
CT, because the camera is so heavy I found the E1 hand strap really useful.
It was supplied as standard with the 1D but not the 1DMKII, maybe the 1DMKII-N has it.
If not I would recommend it.

Cameron

No it don't got it Cameron,:annoyed: but I'm going to be getting one anyway. :thumb:

Steve said:
:ponders: :ponders: :ponders:

Did I miss something?

Only me being a class 1 :nut: Steve !

Case of engaging digits before brain ... and then not knowing how to get out of completely so rather than a blank screen with my name on I opted for the "Sorry " ! Sorry ! :stupid:

Back