1.4 and 2.0 teleconverters compatible?

Edit My Images
No
Im sure this question has been asked before, but ive done a search and I cant find the exact answer to my question.

I understand there are various manufacturers of these but I would like to know if there is a list of compatible lenses?

I have seen posts talking about canon lenses but nothing about sigma or tamron.

I have a tamron 70-300mm and wondered if this would be compatible with any of the makes on the market? ie kenko, jessops.

Many thanks

It appears the most popular is the Kenko, it's fairly cheap and the IQ is superb, whether it will work with your lens I dont know, it may do but I would imagine you may struggle to get AF.

Main thing to remember is to make sure you get the right one for your camera not your lens ( Canon,Nikon etc)

Your tamron 70-300mm must be in a mount for the camera you are using (Canon,Nikon etc)

depends on the depth of the lens your using, sigma TC's are not compatible with all sigma lenses.

Thelurch ....

I use a Kenko Pro DG whatever it is x2 TC with my Tamron 70-300mm lens on a Nikon D50.

The TC works fine. As mentioned you do lose a few stops making MF necessary in lower light - but it is def compatible!

Hope that helps.

Anth.

Back