1,700mm f4 on Hassleblad - one for CT

Ooh you're in trouble now..... It is a monster though, only for people with more money than sense.

Andy

Ooh you're in trouble now..... It is a monster though, only for people with more money than sense.

Andy

In trouble :thinking: just for pointing out the answer to every birding-togs dreams :shrug:

I wonder if the birding togs would need to fit a few extension tubes too to get the near focus point to less than 500 yards !!!

:LOL:

DD

What focal length/equivalent would that be on a crop sensor I wonder???

You'd need it mounted in a truck!
I can imagine walking into Calumet and asking if they had a bag for my new lens. :)

You'd need it mounted in a truck!
I can imagine walking into Calumet and asking if they had a bag for my new lens. :)

lol, just buy a sleeping bag, that should about cover it ;) wonder what size lens hood it takes? :D

Would it be compatible with a 2x TC its not quite long enough.

256 kg !!!!! , you wouldnt be able to pick it up :p

not sure it will be too good for landscapes, with a hyperfocal distance of over 14 miles at F4...

non-military use :)

that thing can easily be mistaken for a rocket launcher. 256kg, you need a trolley to pull it around and also about 4 man to lift it and place it on a mount or use hydaulics. I think military is not even that daft to build such beast

non-military use :)

that thing can easily be mistaken for a rocket launcher. 256kg, you need a trolley to pull it around and also about 4 man to lift it and place it on a mount or use hydaulics. I think military is not even that daft to build such beast

I received mine yesterday and tried it out today. I'm going to send it back to 'blad as the bokeh is horrible.

some of the above may not be true.

How are you really going to photograph wildlife with that lens... unless its got a camo case... that'l make it fine surely ...

Oh Goody, a Hassleblad lens to Canon body adapter.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.php?productid=16864&cat=270&page=2

Just got to work out the equivalent focal length for a full frame Canon

um, it would be the equiv focal length of a 1700mm lens if you mounted it on a canon mk1 with an adaptor.

A 1700mm lens on a medium format body has a greater field of view than that of a full frame camera. The focal length is a property of a lens not the recording format.

Or to put it another way, on APS-C a 'normal lens' is approx 30-35mm, on 'full frame' it is approx 40-50mm and on a 6x6 hassleblad for example it is 80mm.

However the field of view the 1700mm would produce on a 6x6 camera would probably be equiv (roughly) to a 1000-1100mm lens on a full frame camera I think. But like I say if you mount that 1700mm f/4 on a canon Mk1 you'd get a 1700mm lens

That post is three years old, how have I never seen that lens before??

That's ridiculous!

...but non-Canon, so no thanks! :LOL:

No please don't x ray that (to airport security), honestly, it is just a camera lens, I need to have it as carry on baggage, and it is sensitive to x rays. What do you mean it is bomb shaped, what shapes are bombs supposed to be? No it is a lens, look I'll show you, you go and stand at the end of the runway, and i'll point it at you. That is just being rude, you just wish it was for a Nikon. No I don't want to cause trouble, I need to go and shoot things with it. No it is for a camera, I told you that. Why are you putting on that rubber glove?

How are you really going to photograph wildlife with that lens... unless its got a camo case... that'l make it fine surely ...

well you can try leave the lens there for a few months so that it's part of the scene as it's big enough and solid enough for a colony :)

Back