1 biggy or a handful of smalls

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

going on my hols shortly and i intend to take loads if photos mostly all bad knowing me... but my question to you is:

which is the wiser? take one big 8 -16Gb memory card for my hol or a handful of 2 - 4gb memory cards...

my thinking is the latter, incase you lose one, or it goes duff for whatever reason then you have still got spare/retained photos on other cards whereas if you lose the only card or it goes duff, then you've had it...

thoughts please

Eoghan

Weigh up the options

1x 16Gb card, it is always in the camera so cannot get lost.
However if it fails you stop shooting unless you have a spare and you may loose your images.

4x 4Gb card. You are covered against loss (Although it is possible to loose one of the 4) and you can carry on shooting as you will always have spare cards.

Personally I would go with 4x4Gb but it really is down to personal preference IMO.

Weigh up the options

However if it fails you stop shooting unless you have a spare and you may loose your images.

4x 4Gb card. You are covered against loss (Although it is possible to loose one of the 4) and you can carry on shooting as you will always have spare cards.

Personally I would go with 4x4Gb but it really is down to personal preference IMO.

Have to agree

i have 2 4s works best i think less loss at the end of the day and there only small so fit easily in your pocket.

I vote 4x 4GBs

I always go with multiple cars and try to change them every couple of days. Mainly just in case my camera gets pinched it's insured so it wouldn't bother me but the pictures are ireplaceable.

Take the 4gb cards incase you lose or damage one of them - that way you haven't lost your whole trip's photos. Just remember to store the cards in different places otherwise if you lose one, you've lost them all anyway!

It's more of a precaution against the card getting corrupted or damaged.

Handfull of smalls.

thankyou gentlefolk... handful of small it is! :eek:)

Glad thats sorted then Eoghan. Just dont loose the camera ;)

Weigh up the options

:plus1:

I know you've had the advice over and over again and decided already but I would strongly recommend the 4x 4GB cards, but keep them seperatly.

I used to work on the principal that lots of small cars were better but then kept them all in a memory card holder together (4x 2GB) that was until the case slipped out of my pocket.

It gave me a great opportunity to buy 4GB Extreme cards when they were dirt cheap (now trebled?) and keep them in maximum of pairs in cases.

Buy a few cases to keep them in and also buy different colour cases as I find it useful to have cases for cards that are full and cases for cards that are empty - saves faffiing trying lots of cards and working out which one has nothing on!!!

DB

Don't keep the used Cards with the camera gear, if it gets lost/stolen you'll still have some photos from the holiday :)

I find it useful to have cases for cards that are full and cases for cards that are empty - saves faffiing trying lots of cards and working out which one has nothing on!!!

I keep empty cards with the manufacturer's label uppermost and full ones with the back of the card visible - all in the same case(s). When all the cards in a csae are full, I put the case in a different part of the bag so I don't get confuzzled. I keep all the cards in the main camera bag because I ALWAYS know exactly where that is so am EXTREMELY unlikely to lose it. The only exception to this is if we're staying in one particular place for a few days, in which case a full case of full cards might get put in the hotel safe with our passports.

Back