1 Ds mk 3 live view problems

George

Chasseur Haggis extraordinaire
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just got my 1 Ds mk 3 which looks very impressive, have been playing with it and trying to use the live view function with macro set up and doing the same thing as i do with the 40D, ie focusing in live view using the 5x and 10x enlarging facility.
Whereas this works fine with my 40D, as soon as I press the magnifying button on the 1Ds the screen goes blank, the info is at the bottom, but no picture and I cannot press it again (or if I do, it makes no difference).

Could someone with a mk 3 please try this, as I feel I must be being a complete numpty as everything else seems to work fine!!

Tried a firmware update (it was already on the latest anyway) to no avail.

HELP!!!:bonk::bonk:

I have no idea really, but have you tried DLSP Remote Pro software and see if it works with that? (you can use it on a free trial).

I use it and think it is much better than the standard Canon software.

Thanks, but it really should work with its own software, let's see if we get any other replies.

Dont have the 1Ds mkIII George, but have not had the issue you describe with the 1D mkIII.......... Not in Canon software anyway or on the camera screen itself.

I did have a totally hanging session with Breeze Systems though and had to manually shut down to resolve.

Just had an interesting call with Canon CPS.... they can't replicate the fault, and suggested I sent it back for repair.

I pointed out that it was bought in the US and therefore would there be a warranty or would I have to pay, they said no problem, gentlemen's reciprocal agreement, would be done under warranty, so that's a result anyway, good old Canon, will send it off when i get back from Italy in a couple of weeks.

Will post the results.....

Fingers crossed George - hope its a simple fix!

Amazed at CPS - they seem to have rediscovered customer service :eek:

Yes, Johnny, I agree....lets hope it works OK ..they've also said they'll check one of my lenses.

Back