1-Man Tents

Just get an MSR Hubba Hubba or Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2. Light and well made.

I'm also considering getting a tent and wild camping, those are the options I'm looking at.

Cheers. To be honest, those are both quite a bit heavier than the tents I've been looking at though probably much more spacious too! I've been really conscious to thin my gear weight down a lot over the last few months but without compromising too much on comfort. It's hurt the wallet a bit but has made a massive difference to how mobile I've been.

I nearly bought a TN Laser Comp last week. Local snow and rock had two left and heavily discounted but I decided that they were a bit too small and a few worries about robustness if I ever got caught in iffy weather. Weight was impressive though.

My current shortlist is between the Hilleberg Enan and the Nemo Hornet 2p (maybe the Elite, maybe not). The hornet is much bigger and lighter and cheaper but I know the Hilleberg would probably last me 20 years. One of these days I'll make my mind up!

Back