10-20mm Vs 12-24mm Lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello guys I'm looking to add a wide lens to my setup. But what one to get ? I'm looking at Sigma for the lens because of the cost my camera is a Canon 40D. So guys whats the best out the 2 lens the 10-20mm / 12-24mm sigma ?

Looking around it looks like the 10-20mm is the daddy out the 2. Anyone have photos using the above lenses if so could you post maybe a

The 10-20 is better and cheaper and as your research shows, the one to get.

Unless you want to spend a little more and get the canon 10-22.

The only reason for getting the 12-24 is if you have a full frame sensor camera and cant use one of the others.

All as is seems to me of course. :D

I expect its a case of budget.

Canon 10 - 22 here, both at 10mm:

and

Great fun

MV

The 10-20 deffinately, I cant see why you would opt for the 12-24 unless you had a full frame camrea and wanted something monsterously wide.

I love my 10-20:
2343902084_82276c47a8.jpg

2122258333_a59bfb7ebd.jpg

Hi guys thanks for posting back nice pic's mobilevirgin & mole2k Yer i don't have a big budget and i wont a number of lenses. Dame buggy this photography stuff lol.

Right now i own.
Canon 40D
Canon 17-85mm IS
Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
Canon Speedlite 580EX ll
Only got the speedlite yesterday so not played with that yet.

I want
Sigma 10-20mm lens now

Next couple of mths
Canon / Sigma 60 / 100mm Macro lens
Canon / Sigma 50mm F1.4 lens
Sigma 2x TC

Firstly, it's 'want' not 'wont' secondly, you've not even unpacked your speedlight before you're wanting to splurge more money on more kit.

Learn to use what you've got before becoming an eBum widow. But if you're hell bent on blowing your wad, the siggy is the best for cropped sensor wide angle stuff.

you've not even unpacked your speedlight before you're wanting to splurge more money on more kit.

Learn to use what you've got before becoming an eBum widow. But if you're hell bent on blowing your wad, the siggy is the best for cropped sensor wide angle stuff.

Ebum whats that then ? LOL my girlfriend Say's the same thing. About me buying stuff i don't know what it is i just go :wacky: and have to buy something right now its camera stuff. But i am doing a college course in Photography so hope to learn how to use the stuff i buy.

the siggy is the best for cropped sensor wide angle stuff.

Well it is if you don't own a canon.

Personally I would go for the Canon 10-22 but that's only because I have had a duff Sigma 10-20. Real shame cos I have seen loads of good shots like the ones above on the 10-20 but mine suffered from the poor QC that Sigma have :(

I'm saving for the 10-22 now :D

The Sigma QC really worried me when I was getting the 10-20, ideally i really wanted the 10-22 and I think I would still trade in my 10-20 for it if money wasnt a big issue for me.

I use the sigma 12-24mm (on a full frame camera), and rate it very highly, never used the 10-22mm so can't comment on that particular lens.

Back