10 @ Kirroughtree

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Was at Kirroughtree 7Stanes this Saturday, for the latest No Fuss event.

10 whole hours of racing, be it by Teams, Pairs, and mad Soloists, on parts of the Red Route, and some brilliant bits of natural, linking it together.

Here's a few of my favourites. Sorry they're a bit samey, but this was definitely the best location I found - would have been different if they'd used some of the Black Route!

kirroughtree1.jpg

kirroughtree2.jpg

kirroughtree3.jpg

kirroughtree4.jpg

kirroughtree5.jpg

kirroughtree6.jpg

kirroughtree7.jpg

kirroughtree8.jpg

Cheers :D

Fantastic energy in all of these shots - looks like you had a good day.

Cheers Graphic-Addict. Yeah, I did have a good day. It was very long day, and my legs still haven't recovered. I think walking around Kirroughtree is tougher than riding it!

But got lots of good shots, and that's the main thing :D

Decided to add 3 more from a different location...

Kirroughtree9.jpg

Kirroughtree10.jpg

Kirroughtree11.jpg

C & C welcome :D

Nice shots. And it definitely a shame they didn't use the black route. It'sprobably the best of all the 7Stanes (except maybe Innerleithen/Traquair but let's keep that amongst our selves ;o)

Technically, your panning is pretty spot on for the (and I'm guessing here) ~1/80 exposure to get the right amount of motion in the background. And the 2nd flash is working pretty well too.

My only crit would be that the flash appears to be first curtain synced when 2nd curtain would give a different sense of motion thsi is most obvious in #6 the front wheel looks like it is rolling up the drop while the rider's head is heading for the bars.

L

Thanks schpleep. For the panning shots, shutter speed was actually 1/30. I must have been feeling adventurous! But obviously the flash helps out a lot.

I take your criticism about the flash. I do chop and change, as I kinda like the effects of both, and think that 1st curtain gives a kind of 'arty' look, but you're probably right that it 'should' be 2nd curtain.

As for the Black route, it's defo my favourite of the 7Stanes, but I think it would have been a bit much for some of the riders, as a fair few struggled on bits of the Red. But then, the idea of the No Fuss events, is that they are for riders of all abilities, and that gives them a really good atmosphere.

As for Innerleithen, I've never been. I've heard way to many horror stories, which puts me in no hurry to go there :LOL: I'll head there one day, when I'm feeling very brave!

Nice work there. Very well exposed and the flash pings the image into life.

2nd curtain sync does look better but these aren't shabby at all. And panning with 2nd curtain doesn't look "that" different to 1st curtain unless you are skilled enough to pan slightly slower than the bike so the frozen image is at the end of the blur trail. Tricky.

Super shots.

Back