Shutter Speed
Photography Calculator
Photo Tools
Photog's Exposure Calc
DOF Calculator
Pudding CameraExposure Pro
Exposure

Best of all 95% of the above are free !

Right...let's aim for either 2nd week in February, if the weather is bad we can always postpone it to first week of March. Would you want me to start a thread to gauge other interests?

Sounds like a plan.:)

Anand, will leave you to arrange but glad to assist. There is a chance I'm called into hospital early and wouldn't be able to make it, so better I don't arrange.

Although I know the general area it would be good to have Mark along to share his experience. Mark, I assume you approach down Lighthouse Road? In terms of meeting up there is a cafe at the car park at the top of approach to South landing Lifeboat station. Does great bacon butties.

Ken

Although I know the general area it would be good to have Mark along to share his experience. Mark, I assume you approach down Lighthouse Road? In terms of meeting up there is a cafe at the car park at the top of approach to South landing Lifeboat station. Does great bacon butties.
Ken

I usually come in on the clifftop past the lighthouse, walk down the path towards the sea and then head south along the cliff path.

Spoony said:
Apps for android

ND Calc
Exposure Calculator
Exposed
PHOforPHO
Photography Assistant
Shutter Speed
Photography Calculator
Photo Tools
Photog's Exposure Calc
DOF Calculator
Pudding CameraExposure Pro
Exposure

Best of all 95% of the above are free !

Thanks will have look. Got some of those already...:)

Nikon Ken said:
Sounds like a plan.:)

Anand, will leave you to arrange but glad to assist. There is a chance I'm called into hospital early and wouldn't be able to make it, so better I don't arrange.

Ken

No worries Ken...will try my best to arrange it..will be my first! Will be great to have Mark's knowledge of the area as I have never been there.

Will post a thread when I log on my computer..nursing a hangover now :-(

30sec 8H 32min

That made me laugh :LOL:

I've been tempted to buy one of these, can't get hold of Lee Big Stopper, but not sure I'd get much use out of it :thinking:

Although I do like the idea of doing a very long street shoot in Leeds city centre during the day to give the impression of an empty city.

Still pondering this purchase (y)

btw has anyone got a cheap source for the big stopper equivalent( ND 3.0 or nd1000 depending where you look ), I would like to try having a go with one but I can't really justify the big bucks required :crying:to get a good one if i'm not really sure I will use one much.

Hitech 85mm x 85mm 10 stop Pro filters are about £51 inc postage if that helps

Just remembered another exposure tip :)

When the light is low and you're into very long exposures, like minutes, you sometimes don't have time to mess around because the light is getting darker by the second. To speed up your test shots, whack up the ISO to max just to assess exposure.

Say you want to shoot for 4mins at ISO200, if you bump that up to 3200ISO for the test exposure, you only need 15 seconds. Then put it back to ISO200 for the final shot, or whatever. It also saves you freezing you nuts off in this weather.

HoppyUK said:

When the light is low and you're into very long exposures, like minutes, you sometimes don't have time to mess around because the light is getting darker by the second. To speed up your test shots, whack up the ISO to max just to assess exposure.

Say you want to shoot for 4mins at ISO200, if you bump that up to 3200ISO for the test exposure, you only need 15 seconds. Then put it back to ISO200 for the final shot, or whatever. It also saves you freezing you nuts off in this weather.

Good tip would never have thought of that. (y)

Cheers for the good tip :)...am pretty sure will be of use as I always seem to be rushing during sunrise/sunset.

I've found at sunset I need to add a little bit of additional exposure time due to the light fading maybe quicker than the eye can interpret. Just something else to consider.

Andy

I've found at sunset I need to add a little bit of additional exposure time due to the light fading maybe quicker than the eye can interpret. Just something else to consider.

Andy

Indeed, give it a handful!

Similarly at sunrise the EV of the shot can change during the course of a long exposure so I take a bit off, truly arbitrary amounts but you seem to get a feel for it.

posiview said:
That's a bit annoying.

Just read that I can't use this filter with my Lee foundation kit :shake:

Which filter? Hitech?

posiview said:

Unable to open the link. If its a Hitech 10 stopper you should be able to use it...*** I've got the same combi...apparently, there are 2 variety of thickness available and one of them is compatible with lee kit.

Just been pointed to a long time exposure app. if you have an iPhone, its very good and does all the calculations for you and its free
Dave

Just do a search on iTunes App Store for longtime exposure calculator......and as if by magic!!

Hmm!!, that is the name of the app. and there is also a good depth of field one too, and thats iDOF calculator (which is also the name of the app)
Dave

Android has "nd filter calc" , nice and simple to use and free.

Back