10 Years To Get a Decent Picture of My Cat!

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I kid you not, that's what it's taken me - OK, there are times when I could have, but never had the camera to hand or various other reasons.

This wasn't even planned. I was taking some pics of my other half when the cat came and lay on the floor at her feet - I quickly dropped the height of the softbox and grabbed a few..... and then discovered I'd left the WB on auto and had to fix it in LR.... :D

9k1b0h.jpg

2dcak9e.jpg

Last edited:
The contrast, colours and tones are bloody fantastic! Nice and sharp in all the right places and just the right amount. Purrfection! (sorry, had to).

Nice shots,just love cats.(y)

The contrast, colours and tones are bloody fantastic! Nice and sharp in all the right places and just the right amount. Purrfection! (sorry, had to).

Thanks - S5 as slow as a snail, but the OOC jpeg's rock....

Lovely:love:

Very nice puddy tat(y)

2nd one does it for me, like that a lot

Ta - yeah, could have done with the softbox a bit more frontal on the first one, but beggars can't be choosers.... :D

"I know that he's got the wb set wrong, but am I going to tell him?"

Yeah, typical cat..... smart ass (the cat, as well as you). :)

Nice, love the intelligent expression on the face in 1 and super pose in 2, she's a pretty girl!!

Tara

Great Pics. Is it me or are the whiskers and eyebrows in the first pic too sharp?

Great Pics. Is it me or are the whiskers and eyebrows in the first pic too sharp?

Yeah, I think they are - I normally use Nik sharpener which does an excellent job, but used LR sharpening this time for a change - I was zoomed into the eyes when using it, so never noticed the slight oversharpening you mention. Well spotted... :)

Ten years.............thats nowt, our JR is 15 and just will not pose for a single shot so well done getting them and by the way............very good shots

Ten years.............thats nowt, our JR is 15 and just will not pose for a single shot so well done getting them and by the way............very good shots

Thanks, Pete.... have you tried drugging him and wedging his eyes open with cocktail sticks, then cloning them out in PP? :D

superb pics of a beautiful cat
was it a lumiquest softbox, the lighting is spot on?

What a lovely cat and great photo's.
I'd say your 10 year wait was worth it.

Thats the thing with cats though, they are so unpredictable!!!

Worth every day of the 10 year wait I would say for the second shot. Lovely cat and a lovely image. I have a 17 year old cat that we've had since it was a kitten and I'm still waiting to get a really nice shot of her!

very pretty cat :)

No 2 is my choice - lovely dof and that 'come hither' expression is so cute!

superb pics of a beautiful cat
was it a lumiquest softbox, the lighting is spot on?

It was actually a 120cm octa that I was using to take some photo's of the wife.... a bit of overkill for a cat, but you go with what you have, eh? :D

What a lovely cat and great photo's.
I'd say your 10 year wait was worth it.

Thats the thing with cats though, they are so unpredictable!!!

... unpredictable, and don't I know it! :)

Worth every day of the 10 year wait I would say for the second shot. Lovely cat and a lovely image. I have a 17 year old cat that we've had since it was a kitten and I'm still waiting to get a really nice shot of her!

Thanks - I do tend to favour the second shot myself.

10 yrs :eek:

But when you nail a cat shot it is fantastic, this shot is nailed (y)

Cheers, mate....

very pretty cat :)

No 2 is my choice - lovely dof and that 'come hither' expression is so cute!

Yeah, look at me, love me, feed me.... not necessarily in that order! :cautious:

Last edited:
Back