100+ film cameras

:LOL:worth it just for the novelty smarties camera

Sadly, I made the mistake of telling wifey my brilliant plan to acquire 100 film cameras and do a 52 camera challenge.

I won't be bidding anymore :(

Contacted the buyer, hes after 250 - 300 for them. Was extremely tempted but ended up buying a bike instead. All the bargains seem to come on the same day.

Seems like a very strange collection to have built up since 1983. Too much rubbish (and certanly too many brownies), not enough good stuff so I smell a rat. I'd go for the bike even though I can't ride one.

Almost all rubbish. The 635 TLR is about the only thing that stood out, but if it is kept with all that junk, lord knows what it would be like.

Hang on, hang on! ''Rubbish''? ''a strange collection''? This IS the 'film and conventional' forum isn't it?! We all love a Rollei and a Leica but some of us like to use this 'rubbish' too! It's all about the magic of film and the wonder of getting images from limited and primitive equipment.
If the winner gets the lot for £100 he/she will have an absolute bargain!

the wonder of getting images from limited and primitive equipment.

Well, I once got a respectable picture from a biscuit tin, and enjoyed (and got some pride from) the experience. I think the design was fundamentally flawed and would have been better off with a catering size Nescafe tin. But I'm not going to continue with that line of experimentation, because I don't want to.

Nowadays we can get film cameras that are anything but limited and primitive for very little money, along with some old cameras that seem archaic but are still excellent. Those are the things that interest me.

I'm not knocking biscuit tins, Nescafe tins, 127 format, brownies etc as there is still much fun to be had, but, for me, limited and primitive is in the past.

Room enough here for all of us I hope.

Hang on, hang on! ''Rubbish''? ''a strange collection''? This IS the 'film and conventional' forum isn't it?!

Apologies, didn't mean to cause any offence! I'm just getting tired of using 'IMO' for every post I write :bonk:

Space for all of us, definitely. As a list of cameras that appeal to be me though, those are right at the bottom!

I'm just bitter because after seeing some gorgeous soft focus shots from 35mm run through a Brownie, my own results were crap :p

...As a list of cameras that appeal to be me though, those are right at the bottom!

I'm right with you on that one... I've got my Pinholga for soft/blurry/a bit strange, and to be honest, I like sharp, accurate, controllable and reliable better.

I'm right with you on that one... I've got my Pinholga for soft/blurry/a bit strange, and to be honest, I like sharp, accurate, controllable and reliable better.

I did have a Holga and whilst I did see why it appealed to people, I realised - I don't get a chance to shoot that often as it is, so why do it with soft/blurry?! My square 6x6 is much better done with sharp and accurate.

The only camera that gives me 'soft' results is the Sprocket Rocket, but that is unique enough to be acceptable!

That's the very reason that I sent Helga on her rounds - I shot a dozen or so rolls (primarily of OOD C41 and E6 which I (re)learned my cross-processing chops on), for the POTY back in 2010 - then realised that I didn't really particularly care for the end result. The Pinholga is different - 12x6 or 9x6 panoramic pinhole camera, and I do actually enjoy the whole "counting elephants" experience with it.

But give me my Bronny or the EOS-3 anyday :shrug:

Back