Beginner 100D should beat a Galaxy S7 at video?

Edit My Images
No
I have been playing with dslr video on my 100d and 500d with an efs 10-18mm lens.

Not surprisingly the 100d is way better for stills. However, I was also expecting it to beat the S7 on video but that doesnt appear to be the case:
View: https://youtu.be/aErO5MvMS_w

I was testing with a static subject and also tried my 24-105 lens. Again stills are exceptional but video is blurry. The same is true in low light with the s7 being sharper and less noisy.

Should the 100d beat a galaxy s7 at video, what am I likely doing wrong?

TIA,

The phone will be applying a lot of in camera processing especially sharpening, which gives the impression of better resolution.
The SLR will need quite aggressive sharpening but has almost certainly potentially a better image though presumably not 4K?
My S5 does surprisingly good video at 4K too, only lacking stabilisation if hand held.

i tested my nikon D7100 (1080p) against the iphone 6S+ (4k) a fair bit

the thing i find you don't get with the smart phone is any depth of field or change in perspective as its a fixed wide focal length. (you can get add on lenses for smart phones I suppose)

The DSLR footage therefore looked "better" (to me) because you could change the focal length and depth of field. Obviously its a different resolution though.

I have a canon eos 7D and samsung galaxy S4 & s7
The S7 is very good at HDR stills and video. Mainly because as mentioned above there is alot of in house software processing the images.
My 7D does need some post adjustments.
Once on the big screen the IQ on the 7D can been aeen more clearly tjan my smart phones. The S7 does do a pretty damn good job at stills and video.

Back