100mm filter holders for Fuji 10-24mm

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I'm not seeing much use of this system, most Fuji users (me included) seem to have also opted for either Lee Seven5 filters or whatever brand of 85mm filter they fancy.

I'm not sure which would be the best holder system to use? Lee or Hightech with Wide angle adapters - some say there is vignetting with the Lee, others not, is one system capable of going wider than the other? - advice please! I only need 2 filter slots.

I have the 100mm system, and when using my 16 f1.4 I have the wide angle adaptor rather than the regular one. I'd be interested to see how you get on with the 10-24 & filters, especially at the wide end.

I have the 100mm system, and when using my 16 f1.4 I have the wide angle adaptor rather than the regular one. I'd be interested to see how you get on with the 10-24 & filters, especially at the wide end.

That''s interesting as the 14mm works perfectly with the Seven5 system!

That''s interesting as the 14mm works perfectly with the Seven5 system!

I had the filters as I originally bought them for my 6D & 17-40. Rather than lose money on them I just bought adaptors to fit the holder. I probably didn't need the wide angle version, but it does mean I can run a filter on the lens (polariser or mid/big stopper and still put the filters on if I want to.

Ah I see, so it doesn't actually NEED the bigger filter.

Interested in this also. I have a Cokin 85mm holder (non WA) and some grads but no 10 stopper which is what I'd like to add.

Question is, will the Cokin work okay on the 10-24mm and if there's vignetting, how bad is it?

Formatt-Hitech are doing 50% 9f their circular filters just now but it's a bit of a faff screwing on / unscrewing if I already have an 85mm square holder.

Interested in this also. I have a Cokin 85mm holder (non WA) and some grads but no 10 stopper which is what I'd like to add.

Question is, will the Cokin work okay on the 10-24mm and if there's vignetting, how bad is it?

Formatt-Hitech are doing 50% 9f their circular filters just now but it's a bit of a faff screwing on / unscrewing if I already have an 85mm square holder.

No idea what will work with Fuji lenses, but a couple of things to bear in mind.
If you use a screw in filter, it will push the filter holder forward the thickness of the filter and may add to or cause vignetting problems.
If using a square 10 stop filter in a Cokin holder, will the gasket on the filter give a good enough seal to prevent light leaks?
Hopefully somebody can give a more definitive answer, but thought it worth highlighting possible problems.

No idea what will work with Fuji lenses, but a couple of things to bear in mind.
If you use a screw in filter, it will push the filter holder forward the thickness of the filter and may add to or cause vignetting problems.
If using a square 10 stop filter in a Cokin holder, will the gasket on the filter give a good enough seal to prevent light leaks?
Hopefully somebody can give a more definitive answer, but thought it worth highlighting possible problems.
Both good points, Steve.

I guessing if I'm using a screw in 10 stop, I'm unlikely to be using the Cokin adapter at all which as far as I'm aware does create slight vignetting at 10mm.

As you say, a screw in is more likely to create a better seal also so no nasty light leaks.

Both good points, Steve.

I guessing if I'm using a screw in 10 stop, I'm unlikely to be using the Cokin adapter at all which as far as I'm aware does create slight vignetting at 10mm.

As you say, a screw in is more likely to create a better seal also so no nasty light leaks.

I actually use a graduated filter in a single slot Cokin type holder most of the time when using a 10 stopper, one of the benefits of mirrorless, you can see through a 10 stop to position it, unlike with a DSLR.

I actually use a graduated filter in a single slot Cokin type holder most of the time when using a 10 stopper, one of the benefits of mirrorless, you can see through a 10 stop to position it, unlike with a DSLR.
I wondered just how that would work! Glad it's not as difficult as the compose>fit filter faff I'd imagined when using a screw in.

Back