102 mp

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Just seen the advert for the latest Fuji body with 102mp sensor ..that’s gonna take a lot of hard drive space up on our computers

I take all this incremental development with a pinch of salt , who needs 102mp , all the manufacturers have probably got The Terminators arm in a glass cabinet somewhere, a 1000mp camera that takes perfect pictures in any light or situation and each year they take a £200 step towards it

We all fall for it , what if

I started with a 40D , now I'm on a 7Dii but if I look back at the pictures I took I can't really see they look any different, you'd be better off spending £££ on a better lens than a new body

I started with a 40D , now I'm on a 7Dii but if I look back at the pictures I took I can't really see they look any different, you'd be better off spending £££ on a better lens than a new body

I see a very big difference between 1ds mk ii and 5ds. 40d and 1d mk iii... Not even in the radar any more. Yes, I'd absolutely love to get my hands on that Fuji and bet it would make some positive difference

It's the 'old' 100MP, but if you're in the UK you can have a free 2 day loan of it if you can stump up the deposit...

I'm assuming the new model will be on that site later in the year.

(of course there's a financial risk if you do like it, even with the amount of space the images take up - you're on your own with that problem !)

Snip

I take all this incremental development with a pinch of salt , who needs 102mp

Professional adverting photographers and suchlike have used Phase 1 and similar cameras with that kind of megapixel count for some time. Fuji have now brought that to the realms of affluent amateurs if they can also afford to fork out as much again for a range of lenses to stick on the front. Do amateurs need that megapixel count? I’ve no idea, everyone has their own requirements, be they ego or technical related.

Personally, I’ve had a 36MP D810 for the past 5 years and the ability to print 30x20” for my exhibitions, and crop images down has been very beneficial, but for me personally, any more than that isn’t really necessary.

We all fall for it , what if

Unless you're blowing them up to large canvas size you probably won't. I have stunning images from a D1 and D1X and back in the day when I was learning photography a pro friend in Norway sold countless images from a D1 that were blown up to billboard size. If you know what you're doing and pop some decent glass in front of them, the latest and greatest are simply unnecessary. Fun but unnecessary.

I have just upgraded to D810 from D7100 and can see the difference easily. Mind you, I did buy new glass as well......

Back