10TH & 11TH MAY: Doom & Gloom At FFD

Name
Lloyd Horgan
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a fantastic few days fence side at FFD, graced with good weather and unusual movements it seemed the better option and something a little different to the loop. Its not everyday you get the chance to shoot B-2's and B-52's an hour or so away from home.
One of the best days out I've had for a long time, crack was superb and the chance to meet some new faces is always nice.
I went with one shot in mind not really expecting to get it but thankfully DOOM 12 crabbing down the RW on Wednesday afternoon providing the opportunity.

1. This is the shot I wanted
DOOM 12 USAF B-52H Bomber 'El Lobo' by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

DOOM 12 USAF B-52H Bomber 'El Lobo' by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

DOOM 12 USAF B-52H El Lobo by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

ICOSA 11/12 Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit's by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

393rd Tigers B-2 Spirit 'Spirit of Indiana' by lloydh.co.uk, on Flickr

Nice set, where's FFD?

Sorry, being thick.. Presumably Fairford?

They are very impressive really like how strong you can see the heat haze too

as I have posted elsewhere, stunning shots as always, but can I ask you how you get round heat haze on the long distance shots,because I have just got back from FFD, and really struggled to get anything sort of head on 'ish, pretty much everything was only fit for the delete button haha.

many thanks
Mike.

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

As for heat haze, its a problem you can't really solve - fortunately there was a nice wind blowing straight across the RW on both the Tuesday & Wednesday which ruined a lot of shots but managed to get around it in some shots. A lot of shots that would be fantastic have sadly been ruined because of distance/haze, its the problem shooting in the summer sadly.

Great shots.....wish I was an hour away from there, be down there asap...

#4 all day for me, awesome shot.

Back