Given that the s/h value of a 350D is around £150-200, I would expect any serious repair job to be getting close to that...

Tricky.

Cheers,
James

There is a sensor cleaning mode, it's in the advanced options - I don't have my cam with me so can't explain further sorry.

It does look like it would be more economical to buy a new one.

Has he got it insured for accidental damage? Is he SURE he didn't d-r-o-p it somewhere? ;)

There is a sensor cleaning mode, it's in the advanced options

I've just found that, when i tried to set it I get another error message that says I can't use it with AA batteries even though it has the MiMh battery in it.

i think i'll use it as the base to make a snowman with,should roll OK without a lens on :D

Sounds like the shutter units failing.

My Nikon D70 did the same.

ERROR99 on my eos20d cost me £162 to sort out,

a new shutter mechanism was required, admittadly it did get a full service in with the price, but i went ahead.

i would think a 350d will be around the same price.

i sent mine to H. LEHMANN, and very pleased with the work and service provided.

cheers paul

I think from memory Error 99, was a non-Canon lens compatibility problem. My 30D triggered it when I used a Cosina lens - managed to get it fixed under warranty - I'm pretty sure it's a return-to-base situation, sorry!

from what i've read error 99 is a fault code that covers every fault that doesn't have a specific code, it's not worth spending £160 on a 350D IMO

Hello wack,

it depends on if he thinks he can get a replacement camera for that price,

as i said mine came back fully serviced, tested and repaired, so its like having a new 20d back, and they put a 6 month warranty on it.

if he decides not to bother, and ands up buying a S/H replacement he could be in the same situation, unless he buys a S/H model from a shop with a warranty, but will he find one for the cost of the repair.

cheers paul

ok kevin,

it maybe perfect condition, and i am not disputing that, but say for instance he buys it, 1 week later it goes error99 would you be willing to refund his money to him, i think the answer would be no, and wacks freind would be back to square one if you see what i'm getting at.

cheers paul

Back