116 to 120

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Kodak A2 Autograph which has been loaned. Son-in-law would like some wedding photos taken with it but it is 116 film size.

I have got some 120 FP4 but need advice on how to make the change. I have checked youtube, google etc but was wondering if there was any home-grown advice?

@Asha will probably be able to help with this.

Its been a while since i used 120 film in a 116 format camera but basically you increase the length of the 120 spool by using a plastic rawlplug cut to length and pushed into the end of thé spool. This can be done for the take up spool too' if you dont have a 116 spool.

Tbh i cannot recall thé framing.....if u dry run a length of 120 backing paper through thé camera with thé back open you will be able to calculate how many frames and what frame numbers you need to wind to for each shot.

Its pretty straight forward tbh, the only main thing you have to be aware of is that the scene in thé viewer will be cropped so has to be taken into account when composing.

Dont forget that the top of the viewed image records itself on the bottom of the film , likewise left side records on thé right.....so long as you remember where your film lies n the body, you'll be OK......if not then you'll cut off heads or legs! Lol

Back