12.03.11 Manchester Meet - Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok guys, let's see what you got. :)

Here are a few from me; I stuck to one camera, one lens and probably 95% of the time manual focus; so I'm happy I managed to get anything! Don't think I've laughed so much in quite a while, the quest for photos was definitely secondary to the jokes and conversation lol.

1 | 2
f1.jpg

3 | 4
f7.jpg

Great minds think alike! My white balance was still set for outside on the right hand shot, but I like it.

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

Favourite photo I think. Gave him a bit of a haircut with the composition though.

7 | 8
f6.jpg

The man on the left was stood with a huge smile on his face, who knows why, but as I was furiously back-pedalling to make a
witty social commentary on the situation he turned away. So Donald you've been subbed in instead. :D

I think I saw you guys in Piccadilly Gardens as I was off to have a look in London Camera Exchange. I'd definately like to join next meet up, I must of missed it on here.

nice stuff Ian, ill get mine up when i've dev'd my roll of film :)

glad you had a good day and the weather stayed on your side.

my fave is #5 there ian, you manually focused very well!

I think I saw you guys in Piccadilly Gardens as I was off to have a look in London Camera Exchange. I'd definately like to join next meet up, I must of missed it on here.

Ahh you should've popped over, we ended up at LCE more than once. Not sure when we'll be out again, but if you keep an eye on the NW meet discussion thread, the announcement thread and the Manchester thread there's usually something going on. (y)

nice stuff Ian, ill get mine up when i've dev'd my roll of film :)

Hey Rob, I'm definitely interested to see what the Contax can produce, was good to meet you fella. :)

Only got 1 half decent image - but the trip was worthwhile as I've used it in the poty comp for march :D

Cant post it here due to comp rules so go looksee if you want ;)

yeah im curious to see how it does as well, its the first roll ive put through that particular camera, should be interesting :) it was interesting to not shoot digital all day

Haha, I took one photo, on film. Next time there is a street meet, I'll make sure I don't head to some skanky dump, and turn up! My last street shot (flickr) that was any good was a complete luck of the moment shot anyway!

Looking forward to the next meet :)

Haha, I took one photo, on film. Next time there is a street meet, I'll make sure I don't head to some skanky dump, and turn up! My last street shot (flickr) that was any good was a complete luck of the moment shot anyway!

Looking forward to the next meet :)

where did you go? City of Manchester Stadium? :D

Ian, I was going to say lovely photos....till i saw the one of me ha ha. i look like such a goon!
I like the one of the bloke looking over the railing, I got a picture of the back of his head :confused: LOL

And I love number 4...much better than my attempt! i like the colours in it :)

Phil...i took a peek at your pic....looks good!!! dont think anyone else got a pic of one of those?

Donald...I didnt see that statue in number one....must have been walking round with my eyes closed...or my lens cap on....one of the two!!

I didnt get many....as you know most of mine were OUT OF FOCUS!!! ARRGGHH :LOL:
I didnt get anything worth keeping really but thought it try to process some so i had something to show LOL
Heres just a few for now:

1. This was quite a crop from a whole image containing around 3-4 other TP'ers who wernt looking LOL

Outside Town Hall by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

2. Wooden carved thingy off the end of a pew:

Pew by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

3.Stained Glass

Glow by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

4.My first picture of a candle, and any sort of flame LOL

Flames by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

5.Hanging thing with a candle in......in the FREAKIEST room of the Cathedral!! felt like an exorcism was about to go down!! :LOL:

Reflections by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well I didn't come away with much, but was nice to test the ISO in the Cathedral, didn't think these were bad for 3200.

_DSC9911a.jpg

_DSC9919a.jpg

Barry great shots....i went for something similar with books on a chair but dont think i composed it right as it didnt look that good! LOL
and your right...looks good for 3200!! great stuff :)

Just a few more from me....again none of them really keepers but needed to make an effort LOL

1. This is similar to Ian's!! with the help of Lee's lens (thanks very much!)

Looking Up by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

2. I know this one is crap......im not really a fan of selective colouring (only on certain pics when it looks right!) but with the background being a little cluttered and i havent done one properly before it was screaming for me to have a go. P.S the bottom half of the strings are really dull in colour? i 'refined edge' in PS and this is what happened to it! LOL o well...those strings were a bugger to do anyway!

Balloons by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

3. and this one was a tip from Phil (thanks Phil) to try something abstract...the more u look at it the more weirder it gets and then u look at it for so long u can no longer tell what it is or which way up its supposed to be! LOl

Windows by Little Cherry Cake Company, on Flickr

Sooo heres what I got. I felt on the day that I dint have a clue what to point my camera at to get a good pic as with not doing this before nothing seemed to interest me or spark any inspiration. But heres the few I thought were ok.

197326_10150440183240181_509125180_17733498_6300306_n.jpg

190290_10150440183385181_509125180_17733501_5899858_n.jpg

199301_10150440184690181_509125180_17733522_5045425_n.jpg

189360_10150440183570181_509125180_17733504_8127238_n.jpg

200207_10150440183755181_509125180_17733507_513378_n.jpg

Seems like a really good day was had by all - and some good shots as well.

I will definitely get to the next meet - didn't get the camera out once in the ten days in France:wacky:

Back