120mm...first attempt

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
It was a dark and stormy............late afternoon!

Taken on a Bronica S2 (50yrs+ in age), using a 50mm Komura lens. Had to use my digital to try and get the exposure.....didn't nail it and had to tweak in Photoshop.:(

T max 100 ISO B&W film.

Dark-and-stormy-afternoon.jpg

The film was processed and images put onto CD by Paek Imaging. I can open the disc into lightroom and tweak to my hearts content.....but I can't then send the image to Photoshop. Any idea why not? I had to get it into PS via the bridge, which means I can't do as much to it as I could in Lightroom.

I can open the disc into lightroom and tweak to my hearts content.....but I can't then send the image to Photoshop. Any idea why not? I had to get it into PS via the bridge, which means I can't do as much to it as I could in Lightroom.

Have you tried copying the images to the desktop (or where ever you store your pictures) then importing into LR? I had this problem once before on right only media.

Nice picture btw (y)

No idea about the LR problems :( but I love that photo (y) Could see that being a modern wall handing, in some IKEA style black and white room. Very nice :)

Those are nice, good range of tones.
They look a bit gritty/grainy, in the clouds, might be un-sharp mask.

Ere, this no open with photoshop....I have a thing with an Epson scanner, the files from b/w scans are jpg but cant be opened with Nikon Capture or NX.
The only difference I notice is, the colour space is greyscale not b/w, dunno if thats a factor.
I have to open them with some crap photo edit program, re-save them as jpg and then nikon software will open them:shrug:

Oh now you have got me all inspired, hoping to get to Formby tomorrow. I love the first one that's a cracking shot.

There is something black just on the line of the sand that keeps my eye going back to it. Could you remove that in photoshop? That would be just about perfect!

Thanks Joxby. They are very grainy and I haven't used any sharpening.

I haven't used much Kodak, and what I have used I didn't like.
Cant comment on Tmax but if I'm using 100 speed film and a tripod for scapes it better be smooth, or I might aswell shoot handheld with faster film or push process it and live with the grain in both cases.
I dunno, there are loads of variables, pushed film, under exposed over processed, maybe the developer was coarse short development, or a weak mix and processed for hours, you didn't process it so:shrug:
Also, you may have not used USM, but it was scanned by some one else, scanners can do a default auto curves/exposure adjustment and apply USM, so the scans may already be altered.

Their nice shots, its great the dynamic range you get with film (y) Is it posssible that the images are not importing because their to high a bit? e.g.24bit?

I think the OP has that sorted now :)

I personally like the grainy look to these images, somehow gives them an older more atmospheric feeling :shrug:

They are both lovely images PS ... (y) ... but the first has a special something about it imhgo ... :D

Love the atmospherics and the mono really works in both cases as you have great tonal range on the two ... ;)

:p

Back