13-6-06 Judgement Day

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I finally decided to take the plunge and go for my first 'Mesters' lens.

Hopefully arriving tomorrow will be a 24-105mm 'L' F4.

Its took me all week to find....

1, Someone who's got them in.

2, Someone who's not taking the p**s with the price they are charging.
(one place was over £900)

Calumet in Nott's had ran out but Manchester had some in...£694.99 plus £8 delivery £703 in total. Whey hey!!!:naughty:

Kerso had one available for £710 plus delivery so its even cheaper than him, which is a suprise.

Made me think quite hard when I spent more on a lens than I did on the camera :)

Awaiting your detailed review then ;)

Yeh it's bit bit scary parting with that much for a lens, considering another 50 odd quid would have got me a 30d.....it did cross my mind for a while:thinking:

this thread is useless without pictures!! :)

Hold ya horses, calm down-calm down(scouse accent required) it doesn't land till tomorrow, will try and post some tomorrow evening....watch this space.

good man...

Glen said:
Yeh it's bit bit scary parting with that much for a lens, considering another 50 odd quid would have got me a 30d.....it did cross my mind for a while:thinking:
You made the right choice. You can always buy the 40D next year :D

congrats on the new lens, now you've got over the psychological spending barrier what you getting next? :D

Glad you found a lens Glen, good price too!

I spent Friday and Saturday getting to grips with mine. As per my other thread, I didnt go for a filter, just kept the hood on all the time.

Worst of all, I'm most impressed with the lens and the output from it, suffice to say the 100-400mm L is calling my name, so thats another grand to kiss goodbye to!

Back