13th Rallylegend, San Marino.

Name
Lawrence CLIFT
Edit My Images
Yes
With the commercial use of our UAV (drone) taking off (sorry ;)) , we're now concentrating more on the filming side of things
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OtQf38cdU
but I did manage to take a few photos from this great event. For more information check out www.rallytours.org

22210727581_867f628591_b.jpg

22210664121_48fe7bfac7_b.jpg

21579262723_8f6df98952_b.jpg

22013984669_3dd386df28_b.jpg

22174125576_7ec6d25f02_b.jpg

#6 A still from the video footage. The event celebrated 30 years of the awesome GrpB Lancia Delta S4 and there were 15 of these fabulous cars present including the two GrpS cars, ECV 1 & ECV2. Unfortunately the poor weather thwarted the advertised cavalcade although 7 cars did entertain the spectators for a while.
21579869813_924323d1ec_b.jpg

Takes me back. All those Deltas, or as they were known killing machines!
Nice to see a Stratos. I remember pushing Bjorn Waldegard out of Radnor in the RAC (when it was a proper rally) and even with the two still sat inside it was so light that four of us pushed it one handed. They were just lovely looking machines in the Alitalia colours.

Takes me back. All those Deltas, or as they were known killing machines!
Nice to see a Stratos. I remember pushing Bjorn Waldegard out of Radnor in the RAC (when it was a proper rally) and even with the two still sat inside it was so light that four of us pushed it one handed. They were just lovely looking machines in the Alitalia colours.

And the noise that they make as well :).

10310543415_ed2ddeb9e2_b.jpg

Yes. In those days rallies went on through the night. Stood in a dark forest somewhere in the middle of nowhere you could always tell when a Stratos was coming.

Bucket list material for sure! Glad your drone work is paying off, its nice to see some different takes on rallying, which this provides.
I'll take a 037 in Martini please

Bucket list material for sure! Glad your drone work is paying off, its nice to see some different takes on rallying, which this provides.
I'll take a 037 in Martini please

Thanks Matty. We need to diversify and, now having a PFAW, the drone is a great addition to the tools that we have and has opened so many doors. We've recently supplied aerial footage for both Lexus (Europe) and Peugeot (UK). The PFAW is one of the best investments I've ever made :)

Thanks Matty. We need to diversify and, now having a PFAW, the drone is a great addition to the tools that we have and has opened so many doors. We've recently supplied aerial footage for both Lexus (Europe) and Peugeot (UK). The PFAW is one of the best investments I've ever made :)

Thats awesome news Lawrence. I think i first saw your drone at the Grizedale stages, but its rare to see them being used at rallies in my experience. So im chuffed that you're getting a monopoly on that! Well deserved

Thats awesome news Lawrence. I think i first saw your drone at the Grizedale stages, but its rare to see them being used at rallies in my experience. So im chuffed that you're getting a monopoly on that! Well deserved

Thank you. We're working alongside the MSA regarding their safe use over the stages within the UK with the hope that they'll allow their use by accredited media. We shall see.

I found the video a little hard to watch..

What were the kits used for the different sections of film..? Some very noticeable quality differences.. I'd also recommend getting some stability equipment if you're heading into this for commercial use..?

Also, upload in 60fps..? Most, if not all, of the panning was very jerky for me even watching in 'HD'

Honestly just trying to be helpful, hope you don't take it as hostile criticism..!

I found the video a little hard to watch..

What were the kits used for the different sections of film..? Some very noticeable quality differences.. I'd also recommend getting some stability equipment if you're heading into this for commercial use..?

Also, upload in 60fps..? Most, if not all, of the panning was very jerky for me even watching in 'HD'

Honestly just trying to be helpful, hope you don't take it as hostile criticism..!

Thank you for your reply. The camera is a Canon HF4WD G30, all hand held as the stabilisation, in my opinion, is spot on. We used to use tripods but are cumbersome. There are two clips in the footage which aren't mine as a friend gave me permission to use. They are of the S4 where the suspension collapses and the quattro S4 E2 over the jump.

We are already commercial with very happy clients and this is the first negative comment that we've received in over 3 years of filming. Cheers :)

Thank you for your reply. The camera is a Canon HF4WD G30, all hand held as the stabilisation, in my opinion, is spot on. We used to use tripods but are cumbersome. There are two clips in the footage which aren't mine as a friend gave me permission to use. They are of the S4 where the suspension collapses and the quattro S4 E2 over the jump.

That's probably where I'm finding the quality differences..

We are already commercial with very happy clients and this is the first negative comment that we've received in over 3 years of filming. Cheers :)

Yeah and that's fine, I didn't mean to come across as accusing you of being amateurs..! I've been a fan of your facebook for a while and I'm looking at some trips next year.. But I'm having trouble finding flights as cheap as you state ;)

Back