14 more for the project

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
14 more to add to my project entitled 'When The Fun Stops' down Barry Island. I popped down yesterday and the sun was shining pretty brightly, it was even warm. Not the best conditions for the project but nether the less I managed to get some images that I'm happy with.

Barry Island by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

So thats what Barry Island looks like?

My dad used to work there back in the 1930's least I think he did, certainly went there.

Like the images, think the bright light adds to the almost dystopian feel, but that could just be me.

So thats what Barry Island looks like?

My dad used to work there back in the 1930's least I think he did, certainly went there.

Like the images, think the bright light adds to the almost dystopian feel, but that could just be me.

On my website I've got another project which focuses more of the in season side of the island and shows it in a different light. Talking of light, I think you're right regarding that dystopian feel.

My FB post with these has drawn attention. I'm going to stop posting there. This image out of all of them! Apparently it's private property and I've slandered them! I took it on public land, there are no signs that states its private property and even if it was, I'm on public land and it's hardly slanderous, it's a broken sign and a few spare chairs!

Attachments

• 2022-10-11_10-44-48.jpg
    2022-10-11_10-44-48.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 6
On my website I've got another project which focuses more of the in season side of the island and shows it in a different light. Talking of light, I think you're right regarding that dystopian feel.

My FB post with these has drawn attention. I'm going to stop posting there. This image out of all of them! Apparently it's private property and I've slandered them! I took it on public land, there are no signs that states its private property and even if it was, I'm on public land and it's hardly slanderous, it's a broken sign and a few spare chairs!
I think you could say that their place is fully in character with the rest of the place!
Tell them to look up 'slander' in the dictionary. :)

Back