150-600 sigma, stuck on mf

Name
Chris girling
Edit My Images
No
Help….I’m using a 150-600 sigma contemporary on a canon 7d mark ii, today I was photographing birds using auto focus, I turned the focus ring accidentally while zooming, now the lens is stuck in manual focus …. I’ve tried another lens on the camera and that works fine, it just seems to be the 150-600.
I also put it on the docking system to make sure the firmware is up to date, in the customise mode the af button on the app is greyed out…
Anyone any ideas how I can fix this?

Hi and welcome to TP. Sorry to hear about your problem.

This lens is my go-to for wildlife so I feel your pain. Did you have your camera set to continuous focus at the time? In single focus mode (sorry, I'm a Nikon kinda guy and don't know what it's called on Canon) you can turn the focus ring without issue even when it is switched to AF but I have a vague recollection that moving the focus ring when the camera is in continuous focus (and the lens switch is set to AF) can cause problems but I don't remember where I saw this ... so I might be completely wrong.

I would suggest a call to Sigma UK as a first step. I hope you get it sorted (y)

Hi and welcome to TP. Sorry to hear about your problem.

This lens is my go-to for wildlife so I feel your pain. Did you have your camera set to continuous focus at the time? In single focus mode (sorry, I'm a Nikon kinda guy and don't know what it's called on Canon) you can turn the focus ring without issue even when it is switched to AF but I have a vague recollection that moving the focus ring when the camera is in continuous focus (and the lens switch is set to AF) can cause problems but I don't remember where I saw this ... so I might be completely wrong.

I would suggest a call to Sigma UK as a first step. I hope you get it sorted (y)
Thanks for that, those were my settings, I’ll give sigma a call today,

Yes those were the settings, I’ll give sigma a call today.,thanks

Back