18:45 to London

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Rather than just sit and wait for Sarah to take her TP52 authority shot, I decided I'd like to catch an image of a passing express coming out of Leeds - hence the title. It actually worked out better in camera than I thought so I've not done much pp. It's probably a bit abstract for the transport section and felt the slow shutter speed lent it fit this section.

18:45 To London by Delta Skies, on Flickr

I agree about the grass Dave. I feared cropping it would remove too much of the roof as I quite liked the lines on it. I'm wondering about reshooting this but with a Northbound train which would mean that the grass would be obscured plus the addition of the lines of the track on this side.

Like this a lot. Love the lines on the roof and the coloured lines down the side. Good angle too. Again, the grass is a little distracting.

I like the effect but you could try a portrait composition instead of landscape?

Nice capture.
I wonder if a B& W conversion would remove the ever so slightly distracting green but still show the interesting texture?

Yep! like this a lot Peter, you could cheat/clone a little and extend the roof into the corner - it might work.

Nice capture.
I wonder if a B& W conversion would remove the ever so slightly distracting green but still show the interesting texture?

Just select the green in PS and change it to the colour of the trackbed.

Yep! like this a lot Peter, you could cheat/clone a little and extend the roof into the corner - it might work.

Steve, Rob, Graham - Thanks for the comments and all the suggestions. They will give me something to play with until I get back to the location again.

As an abstract it works better for me in landscape, I really do like that.

Sharp lines despite the movement.

I really like this, well done..... the grass was bit distracting, but just selecting the offending corner then using the clone stamp with the diagonally opposite corner as the source works a treat.....

I really like this, well done..... the grass was bit distracting, but just selecting the offending corner then using the clone stamp with the diagonally opposite corner as the source works a treat.....
Thanks for the comments Derek. I agree I've tried this clone which works better than the grass. If I don't get to do a reshoot I'll finalise the shot like that.

Back