19-22" for photo editing (£250)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, can anyone recommend a good 19-22" monitor for photo editing, that will be good for watching films as well.

I have £250 to spend.

Thanks

I have the Dell 2007WFP and S2209WP, both of which are very good. The 2007WFP can be rotated to portrait format. The S2209WP cost me £150 from PCWorld (don't tell anyone I shopped there :LOL:)

Dell 2007FP, not the widescreen but IPS so good once calibrated.

Are any of these 2007 Dell monitors actually still available anywhere and is there a way to guarantee they are the S-IPS version? I understand Dell have a habit of changing panels halfway through the production run.

There's a place called XSsterling or similar that sell the latest ones and guarentee they are the A04 IPS ones. I have two A04's at work ( that came from Dell ) that are IPS. I've thinking of getting a couple myself for home.

The best choice if colour accuracy is very important is the Lenovo Thinkvision L220X which is highly regarded, its an S-PVA panel, unfortunately its £300 so slightly above budget...the only other similar option in 22" is the HP LP2275W which has a lower resolution than the Lenovo

Anything else in this range won't provide the same level of colour accuracy

Simon

I have an LG W2242S 22" and have to say its is very good at reproducing vivid colours as well as natural skin tones. It is well under your budget at the moment though as it has been out for almost a year now.
Its very pleasing to the eye when watching DVD's too, my daughter is currently sat watching Kung Fu Panda on it while I am relegated to my notebook. We have a 46" sharp Aquos LC46d65e too which isnt shy when it comes to dvds too which is proof enough to me :)
http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/widescreen_w2242s.jhtml

Hi Pete btw :D

Absolutely!
Nah, I joined last month in the hope of reading a few hints and tips on being a little more creative. Some of my images so far have been ok but not perfect.
Ive only had my first reasonably good camera (1000d, couldnt justify 30d/40d and slight differences witht he 450d) around 2 months and just havent been able to get the best out of it yet in my opinion. I bought a 55-200 and a few filters this month so finger crossed I can manage something worthwhile from them.

Back