1940s weekend a fantastic photographic opportunity

wack61

I've got an itchy hatch
Edit My Images
No
My son and I went to a 1940s day at Tatton Park today, we both really enjoyed it, there was a battle re-enactment which was very loud and frantic.

Took this one of a German soldier, he was so impressed he wants me to email it to him :)

DSC_1963.jpg

1940s Gentleman
DSC_1631-1.jpg

Last edited:
quite right too!
monochrome really works here (did I just say that out loud?)

The PP really suits the mood here, like it alot...

dang - was that this weekend?

a great event

nice shots too

I agree a great event at Tatton Park. I was Googling 40's week end for more events when i saw your photo. ( I saw you take it)
and I was behind you in the Burger van Q just before the heavy rain.
I wish the event had been better advertised as My wife and I just went out
for a drive and ended up at Tatton.
Still I got a few snapshots.
Great pic.

I agree a great event at Tatton Park. I was Googling 40's week end for more events when i saw your photo. ( I saw you take it)
and I was behind you in the Burger van Q just before the heavy rain.
I wish the event had been better advertised as My wife and I just went out
for a drive and ended up at Tatton.
Still I got a few snapshots.
Great pic.

Small world :) what I liked about it was everybody was up for having their picture taken if you asked but they were so involved in what they were doing there were plenty of opportunities for candid shots as well.

I'll definitely be doing it again

this is their homepage

www.ukhomefront.co.uk

www.nwmill.co.uk

Great shots, especially the first one!!

When I saw the title I thought boring , but these are nice , would take out the fingers bottom left though on the last one

hadn't noticed the fingers, these are straight out of the camera,I have loads, when I get a minute i'll post some more

That first one is a corker!!(y)
Spencer

Thanks :) it's one of those photographs that makes you realise why you love photography so much, I didn't get a chance to take another of him because 10 seconds after I took the picture the heavens opened and it chucked it down

Back