1966 Carl Zeiss Werramatic

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I was given a 1966 Carl Zeiss Werramatic by a Gent in Hornchurch, ( Essex) in a box full of old broken Prakticas and there was also a Braun Hobby Electronic flash similar to the one I bought in 1957 in Germmany for £ 15 -00 when I was there in the British Army ( Brand NEW LEICA IIIf with 50mm f3.5 Elmar were £ 45 -00 !! ) -- I got the Braun flash working off the mains !
'Grumpy Old Man' -- Brentwood Library, 50mm f2.8 Tessar at full aperture, outdated Boots ( Fuji ) 400 film rated 200 ASA -- I did a 16x12" RA4 darkroom print of this.

Grumpy
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Ferrari outside an Estate Agents -- have you ever heard of a POOR Estate Agent ( or POOR Solicitor or Plumber? ) Outdated Agfa 200 ASA film f5.6

Werra 4
by pentaxpete, on Flickr
In local Graveyard, outdated Agfa 200 ASA film rated 100 ASA -- f5.6

Werra 3
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

This is the Camera I used for these Photos --

Werramatic
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Great fan of the Werras, quirky and iconic, love the grumpy shot.

Great stuff, my first serious camera was a Werra 1 (no meter), but I nearly always used black and white film... Loved that camera!

I have one just like it. My father bought it a few years ago as the first camera in his collection. He wanted one because it was the first camera he bought many years ago when he was a teenager.

Steve.

Haven't seen one of these, or even a photograph of one, for a very long time. Someone had one at a Scout camp when I was about 14, so it was 46 years ago. Lovely little camera.

Previous owner has glued up the ASA change lever so it is permanently set to 200 ASA - would it damage camera if I put some sort of solvent on it to free it up ?

Back