1990's Pentax Z10 film camera

Name
Richard Walton
Edit My Images
Yes
Back in the 1990's I treated myself to a Pentax Z10 film camera with small zoom lens. It was a great little camera and served me well as an amateur tog. Then came the digital era and my Z10 became assigned to the loft and pretty much forgotten about.
A short while back whilst clearing the many years of stored rubbish etc from the loft I came across it. Then came the "Oh I remember this!" moment followed by the "Oh no!" moment when I realised that over time the switch on the side of the lens had been damaged and fallen off. Still I brought a new battery and fired her up. She still works!
Now comes the big question. Is there any value in this camera? Do 1990's film cameras with slightly dodgy lenses have any value at all? Or should I just consign her to the scrap bin?
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

Looking at the completed sales on eBay they seem to go for between £10-15 or so, minus ebay and PayPal fees you may end up with enough for a couple of pints.

Film cameras do seem to be going up in price for certain stuff but looking at the Z10 they don’t seem to be on the up at the moment unfortunately!

If it works, then it'll sell on eBay.

To find out though, you'll need to put a roll through it. Then, you might want to share the results over in the Film & Conventional section. Then you might decide that you had fun shooting film. Then you might buy another lens for it and keep it!

Back