1996 Cavalier SRi

I remember them, they were good cars for the time. Is that the 130? Strange how times change, My diesel puts out much more than that now.
I like the pics. Using a half derelict garage was a stroke of genius, it works so well.
I also like the panning shot, looks like the car is moving really fast.

They introduced the Vectra in 1995, so that is a very late registration for a Cavalier...

It could be a 115PS as that was standard for the 2.0i, the 1.7TDS was good for 82PS!

Great designer was Wayne Cherry - shame GM lost its way after that.

They introduced the Vectra in 1995, so that is a very late registration for a Cavalier...

It could be a 115PS as that was standard for the 2.0i, the 1.7TDS was good for 82PS!

Great designer was Wayne Cherry - shame GM lost its way after that.

I just went from the reg, P was 96 wasn't it?

Some nice shots, the blown out exterior ruins it for me on the second one, I'd try and pull it back a bit, but so that its still overexposed.

Also the panning is weird for me, the interior is sharp but none of the interior is. I'd like to have seen it a bit further out and the car sharp, but its not easy at all, and its a great attempt.

I do like the location though! A place like that should not be wasted!

Last edited:
Some nice shots, the blown out exterior ruins it for me on the second one, I'd try and pull it back a bit, but so that its still overexposed.

Also the panning is weird for me, the interior is sharp but none of the interior is. I'd like to have seen it a bit further out and the car sharp, but its not easy at all, and its a great attempt.

I do like the location though! A place like that should not be wasted!

Yeah, I was going for the over exposed light coming in the door, maybe I overdid it a little, that shot was a blend of a few exposures. The panning one was just an off the hip shot when the guy was driving off, I didn't have the right lens on but its someting I think I'll do again with a bit more planning. I see what you mean about the interior, must've just been where the focus point hit

That's a car I've not seen for a whole! Looks in great condition to me!

Hope my vectra lasts as long lol :)

For me 1, and 2, are the pick of the bunch! The old garage location really suits the car! I'd be pleased if these were my shots!!

Back