1D mk2 or Nikon d2x

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
I am in the position where I can go either way on this. I have some canon and nikon stuff but at the moment to go to either one or the other won't cost any different. Part of me is looking at the nikon to get a d700 or d3 to go with the d2x sometime in the new year.
If going canon I would be looking to get a 1d mk3 later to go with the mk2.
I can't make my mind up and thought this forum seems unbiased compared to others.
My main concern is IQ from whatever system I go for.

I do a bit of everything from sport to weddings so any camera i use has to adapt to different roles.

Thanks.

If you're planning on a 1D3 later, sounds to me like you intend to put quite a lot of money into this long term. Frankly, I'd suggest you worry less about the camera bodies (which date quickly) and look at the lens and other kit options available for each.
There are differences between the two systems, and longer term, that's probably more important than the choice of body.

There are differences between the two systems, and longer term, that's probably more important than the choice of body.
Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

From the lens point of view my leaning is toward canon as I have from 24-200mm covered by f2.8 glass and a 300mm f4. Nikon not quite as well off and would need to spend more there on lens.
I had considered a new 5D mk2 but I'm out in all weathers and need the pro build.

No harm in getting the 1D MKII now, and then back it up with the 5D MKII in the future...best of both worlds :)

Back