1d mk4 new shutter cost

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all . Anyone any idea how much a new shutter would cost approx for a canon 1d mk4 , I haven't bought it yet as repair price depends on it . Many thanks

Yeah I would go along with 400 to 500 ish a Friend had it done a few months ago ;-)

what is the shutter count on the camera that you are thinking of buying,I know plenty of snappers with 300,000 plus on theirs

Looked at that one myself ,but time you add in the new shutter cost it becomes iffy .

one thing worth bearing in mind is that the shutter life is an average not a guarantee , so the £999 camera with lower activations could just as easily suffer shutter failure the day after purchase

ah well someones bought it ,if its someone on here it would be interesting to hear about it

I will let you know. I took a punt. I figure worst case I will have a 0 actuations camera for nearly the same price as ones with 50-150k

Quick update. The camera was a complete dog. AF issues, sticking shutter plus a few little issues. Tested it for a week and got in contact with MPB once I was back from my job. They sent it for repair, not economical (no surprises there!) They offered a full refund or a like for like (nothing in stock) In the end we came to an arrangement that worked for me on a lower mileage 1d4. Was really impressed with MPB through it all, it was a little disappointing the body was so bad to start with. But they couldn't have done more to resolve the issue. Fingers crossed the new one plays ball.

Back