1D MKII and Lowepro Mini Trekker

I used to use the Lowe Mini trekker for all my stuff, but now only have my personal kit in it - two of them in fact - one for my 'old' wet-film F5 kit and one for my personal D1x kit (soon to be sold, please God!).
We now use the Lowe Dri-Zone DZ 200 and although it's lovely and waterproof, it takes forever getting kit in and out - not for a day's outing - more for Exped use, I think.
Plus the other team phot has already broken the waterproof zip on his after only 5 weeks' use in Afghanistan. The silicone grease supplied to lube the zip jams up with the fine floury dust there and in Iraq and causes the zip to jam.

I think the Mini-Trekker is perfect for a small kit - in fact I get 2 camera bodies, three lenses, plus a flash into mine, as well as all the little ancillaries you end up carrying around.

I have the Tamrac Expidition 5 for the 1D MKII........

Doesn't answer your question but gives you an alternative to look at.

I have the CompuTrekker AW http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/notebook_camera/CompuTrekker_AW.aspx

Easily holds a 10D with grip ( not far off 1D size ), 70-200 f2.8, various flashes, lenses, laptop, chargers, books,magazines, is way too heavy though when loaded!

Never had trouble at airports, although does attract attention at check in, Xray and customs !

The Mini Trekker AW would be fine if you dont need a laptop.
Has the same internal dimensions, but without the laptop slot at the back.

I would always buy the AW version, saved me a few times when caught miles from shelter when it rains hard.

Mark.

Thanks for the help guys.
I'm coming round to the idea of the Tamrac Expidition 5 .

Looks like a better bag all round.
Doesn't have the AW cover of the Mini-Trekker but a simple rucksack cover would do the same job.
In fact I found the AW cover on the Rover Plus to be useless with a tripod attached.
My only concern would be the extra weight of the Tamrac Expidition 5.

Cameron

How much equipment you hoping to carry in the Expidition 5?

P-E said:
How much equipment you hoping to carry in the Expidition 5?

I'm hoping to get a 1DMKII with either 100-400L or 300f4 prime fitted. ( Can't decide which one to take)
17-40L, Sigma 150 f2.8 macro, 550EX flash, Epson P2000, 1.4 TC, some Lee filters, small accessories such as batteries CF cards etc.
Maybe a 28-135 lens if room.
Oh! and a 32" Sony widescreen. ( maybe not )

Will it all fit ? :confused-

The weight might be too much for in flight hand luggage but my wife will help out there.
She'll be carrying the bag when we're walking anyway. :whistling

Cameron

fingerz said:
Wife? Bag? Carrying?

Surely that little lot will weigh about as much as a woman in itself?

Where's the point in going to the expense of taking your wife on holiday if she's not going to help out a bit.
I mean I can't be expected to do all the hard work setting up shots and carry the gear.

Thank God she doesn't read any of this. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cameron

Me thinks that might be a bit of a tight fit (Expidition 5)..........also quite heavy.

Back