1dmkIV Availability

Guys, Won't the price drop like a stone over, say, 3 months ? (e.g. 7D at 25%+) Mike

Last edited:
Guys, Won't the price drop like a stone over, say, 3 months ? (e.g. 7D at 25%+) Mike

yers.. they already dropped from 4.5k and will drop again.., but I already waitied.. you can wait 6mths for a price drop.. you can wait until there on ebay used for a price drop.

At some point you ahve to stop waiitng and buy

Reffering back to my OP and creative video

Over the wekend I sent them a strongly worded email about how let down and dissapointed I was... I have since had various emails from them and they are fast turning from villians to heroes for me :)

They ahve contacted there canon manager this morning explaining the situation and trying to get one unit for me..

So at least they are trying and if they can I will save 350 quid from buying at park or jessops/jacops ect

Reffering back to my OP and creative video

Over the wekend I sent them a strongly worded email about how let down and dissapointed I was... I have since had various emails from them and they are fast turning from villians to heroes for me :)

They ahve contacted there canon manager this morning explaining the situation and trying to get one unit for me..

So at least they are trying and if they can I will save 350 quid from buying at park or jessops/jacops ect

Oops, must learn to read posts before sending PM's :bonk:

Sorry i meant to send you a pm at same time as posting then summat happeend.. i have replied with not one but two PMs to yourself :)

good luck.

Aas per my other thread I picked up a new one at Jacobs this am - just walked in and bought it.

More than creative, but since my postman has a tendency to leave parcels on the doorstep I feel happier picking up in person

London Camera Exchange in Bristol have one which is "like a millstone...we'll never shift it" according to the staff...they sound open to negotiation, I went for £4050 and they seemed interested. £4k dead sounds a bridge too far though!

Too much for me, but a good bargain if someone in the SW wants to haggle?!

Last edited:
good luck.

Aas per my other thread I picked up a new one at Jacobs this am - just walked in and bought it.

More than creative, but since my postman has a tendency to leave parcels on the doorstep I feel happier picking up in person
Did you get 2 year warranty with it?

creativevideo have emailed me twice today.. final email saying they have been in touch with canon who will try and get one to me this week..they are going to try and get it confirmed in the morning... If so then I save 380 quid and glad i didnt panick buy on fri/sat :)

theres 2 seperate sellers on ebay wanting £3,800, one clearlty swtates a USA camera and the other clearly states 12 month warranty, contacted them and they say its a UK model

theres 2 seperate sellers on ebay wanting £3,800, one clearlty swtates a USA camera and the other clearly states 12 month warranty, contacted them and they say its a UK model
But he does not state who the warranty is with.Edit yes he does, this is from another canon listing of his.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Service and Warranty Information - All our products come with a 12 month warranty which is through Gadgetz Direct Ltd. Should your item,during this time, suffer any manufacturer defects then we will take the hassle away from YOU the customer and ensure the item is repaired or at the last resort, replaced. [/FONT]

Last edited:
creativevideo seem to have come up trumps for me... Honouring the original order price of £3799 and today emailed me saying they have one coming in tommorow for me... so I should have by weekend easy :)

If I photogrprahed premiership grounds only then i wouldnt even bother buying one... look at these from ewood park I took last night

I photograph premier league grounds...but then have dodgy rugby grounds as well.:(

MkIII will do fine for me until I get more cash! Need a couple of lens upgrades first.

Must get 17-35 f/2.8L and 24-105 f/4L

I photograph premier league grounds...but then have dodgy rugby grounds as well.:(

MkIII will do fine for me until I get more cash! Need a couple of lens upgrades first.

Must get 17-35 f/2.8L and 24-105 f/4L

Thats it.. I do the odd couple of prem grounds.. but mostly league 2 .. rugby superleague are mostly not too bad lighting.. but ice hockey, basketball stuff like that can be poor..

As you can see from stuff I posted. iso 6400 works on the mkIII (I find 6400 fine if you slightly over expose)

I am all excited now oooer :)

Thats it.. I do the odd couple of prem grounds.. but mostly league 2 .. rugby superleague are mostly not too bad lighting.. but ice hockey, basketball stuff like that can be poor..

As you can see from stuff I posted. iso 6400 works on the mkIII (I find 6400 fine if you slightly over expose)

I am all excited now oooer :)

I'm going to respectfully disagree about superleague...Crusaders (Celtic/Wrexham whatever) ground last year was appalling...you'd have got better lighting by burning sheep.

I spent 3 games early in the season photographing in braille.

I'm going to respectfully disagree about superleague.

Its all relative.. if your used to prem grounds and go there then the lightings terrible.. but if like me your used to extreme lighting situations then even a poor place like wrexham can be a blessing :)

Its all relative.. if your used to prem grounds and go there then the lightings terrible.. but if like me your used to extreme lighting situations then even a poor place like wrexham can be a blessing :)

Hi Tony, Dave was at Wrexham last Friday for Leeds v Crusaders and he said the lights were quite good

Hi Tony, Dave was at Wrexham last Friday for Leeds v Crusaders and he said the lights were quite good

Ah Wrexham yes, they are pretty good.

Brewery Field in Bridgend was like a coal mine. In fact, they may have been miners lamps they were using!

Glad to see there are places who are honouring their prices too...£3800 is an outstanding price! Nearly as good as Kerso!

AT LAST!!! I ahve en email from suppliers copied from interlink express.. my mkIV will finally be here pre 3pm tommorow.. paid the original PRE order price of £3.799 and its a UK canon body

I ahve 5 games in two days (sat/sun) to try it out on.. u13 footy sat morn.. league footy sat aft... basketball sat eve... womens cup footy sun aft and ice hockey sun evening :)

I may go local parks sunday morning to give it a run out if my body can keep up with my fixture list :) Gotta do as many games as possible to get used to it and calibrated:)

congrats, hope it arrives

still just playing with mine pronbably because it's so different from the mk2

the high ISO is great though

took a pic of the wife under street lights yesterday, 10000 iso looked like 800 on the mk2

might as well chuck the 580 in the bin!

having 2 mkIIIs its not as big a jump.. but mkII to IV must be massive!!

One thing I just remebered.. I hope you and others did this in your excitement.... Update insurance list....

AT LAST!!! I ahve en email from suppliers copied from interlink express.. my mkIV will finally be here pre 3pm tommorow.. paid the original PRE order price of £3.799 and its a UK canon body

I ahve 5 games in two days (sat/sun) to try it out on.. u13 footy sat morn.. league footy sat aft... basketball sat eve... womens cup footy sun aft and ice hockey sun evening :)

I may go local parks sunday morning to give it a run out if my body can keep up with my fixture list :) Gotta do as many games as possible to get used to it and calibrated:)

Can i come and have a play pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

Can i come and have a play pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

Its now changed to 7 matches in 4 days as I have a u12 cup final tonight and wigan warriors on friday night.. that will be my first outing wiht the mkIV :)

Its now changed to 7 matches in 4 days as I have a u12 cup final tonight and wigan warriors on friday night.. that will be my first outing wiht the mkIV :)
If it comes with the old firmware dont update it.

I had a wee play with one on Tuesday, very responsive.

Thanks for the info
I've got my 1D MKIV a few weeks back. I have Just downloaded the new firmware and I am so glad I've done some research. The Camera is working like a dream with firmware 1.0.4. So I am not going to risk the update.

Its arrived at long last...

same battery as mkII = bonus:)

sexier menu gfx :)

now to stick a lens on.. seeyas later:)

pleased for you, you've had some wait :D

Back