1DX Strange behaviour

Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend i finally got back to a race track to shoot some motorsport and when i went to turn on my 1DX no joy tried both batteries but nothing was working fine the night before so i headed home where i googled this problem and read that it could need the PCB replacing which i checked out on Canon Elstree over £500 :(.

Then i started to try the battery in and out to get her fired which i managed with one battery bringing up and error message cannot connect or contact (cannot remember which ) to the battery and the other battery got the camera started enabling me to scroll through menus but would not AF and then shutting itself down.

I then removed the battery and popped the camera back in the bag where it sat all week until today and when i gave it another try its working fine with both batteries.

The only thing i did that i do not normally do is popped the battery in the camera the night before and then into the bag any ideas ?

I've had the same issue It's possibly a poor connection/connector on the PCB, I had one of mine replaced under warranty a few years back. It took them a while to find out what the issue was.

Last edited:
Back