1gb 133x cf cards for £17.99

cheaper to get 2* 1GB though plus less to lose if it fails.

McMav said:
cheaper to get 2* 1GB though plus less to lose if it fails.

Very true, but at my recent event shoot I had to swop the 1gb cards over at a critical part of the production whilst the pros at the side of me where still shooting their 1d's in burst mode :(

I will check out 7 day shop though (y)

OK - I'm in need of buying another CF card (or two!) and at the moment it's a straight choice between these, or the ones on the other thread (the Kingston 40x ones for £17.99)
My question - for Leo or anyone else who's bought one of these is in your opinion is the 133x impressive enough to make it worth the extra over and above the standard? With the old camera I found my 40x Kingston card to be a little sluggish, but not so much with the 30D, hence the reason I was considering the faster card.

**edit**
Have now ordered a 2gb 133x one.......£43 odd delivered.

Used my one of these for the first time at speedway on Thursday - I was working in place of one of the official guys who couldn't make it so was taking pics from the centre, rather than from the terracing as normal. (MUCH Harder, but MUCH more fun!) as a result I was using both cameras with different lenses, and the hi-speed card was in the 30d. Must admit to being a bit sceptical before I started as to how much I'd really notice the difference, but the write speed is definately impressive, and I seriously noticed the difference between the two.

Well worth it, IMHO!

Some of the cheaper cards you can get now are great value for sheer storage capacity, but if you're into any sort of action photography the faster cards make a huge difference to your burst/write speeds.

For anyone that's interested mymemory.co.uk now have the 2Gb 133x cards back in stock at £37.99.

Quick bump to say the 1gb cards are back down to £17.99 for now.

Steep said:
Quick bump to say the 1gb cards are back down to £17.99 for now.

Yes, I ordered a 1gb CF and a 1gb SD card from them last week - service was as good as ever - both arrived three days later!

Back