1st 2 HDR with Photomatix

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, Not two of the best images, but just had a play with the Photomatix...
Would welcome some feed back..

1;
A little HDR...
HDR1stcopy.jpg

2; HDR over cooked...
HDR2ndcopy.jpg

First one is nice and subtle, second one is a bit over cooked for me. Nice picture by the way.

Number 1 for me well done.

no 1 for me

prefer the second tbh.... looks rather sureal!

no 2 for me i personally find hdr best when overcooked.but thats imo

No 1 has a lovely country church feel. Looks fresh and inviting. This is my favourite :)
No 2 is very surreal half expecting Dr Who to burst through those clouds. I like it though (y)

I prefer the first, overcooked HDR doesn't do it for me.
Which Church is this? Looks like an interesting subject.

both look good in very different ways have got the trial but not took the plunge yet?

nice! but you've got a bit of a converging verticals issue going on, looks like the church is about to fall over to me.

I love #2, well done mate, got the hang of it well.
Dont know what it is about HDR that i like so much, and this is a very good example.

(y)

Seems to be split between the two here, personal taste and all that. I like number 1, just looks more natural.

I prefer the first, overcooked HDR doesn't do it for me.
Which Church is this? Looks like an interesting subject.

Mark, Its Elveden church, through Thetford A11 towards Barton Mills, on left as you enter Elveden.
Nice area...

both look good in very different ways have got the trial but not took the plunge yet?

Worth the efforts, i think HDR has its place, and i did not realise how easy it is to use...

nice! but you've got a bit of a converging verticals issue going on, looks like the church is about to fall over to me.
Thanks for the reply, Yes you are right, it is a little off putting, its because of the 10-20 sigma lens, I was trying so hard to get it all in, but i do need to return and see if i can do better..

I love #2, well done mate, got the hang of it well.
Dont know what it is about HDR that i like so much, and this is a very good example.

(y)

It does have its place & Thanks for your help Kinchy,..

2nd 1 for me , great image, well done

When I opened the post and saw the first one I thought it would be the one I would prefer as it’s quite subtle, but then I scrolled down to the second one. I think No2 is better for the subject as its a bit Gothic looking and lends itself to the composition. The false/enhanced colour compliments the wonky verticals than someone pointed out earlier.
I’d be pleased with them both.

Back