1st attempt at Brenizer style with my 2 little 'uns

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
No
Ok, under no illusions that this is anywhere near good enough, but am I heading in the right direction? Really like the look of the 'Brenizer' method images so thought I'd give it a go. Used the 85mm 1.8 for this and composited about 24 images. Using my two as models probably wasn't the best idea - it's a little like herding cats. In the dark. By phone. Without a signal :confused:
Anyway, feel free to point out issues as I would like to improve on this type of image:

Ethan-and-Oliver-Brenizer-2000 by pricelessmomentsuk, on Flickr

Ive looked at doing one of these for a while but they look very time consuming! I like tho 'pop' the effect gives in the picture and this is amplified by their colourful clothing. I may have tried to put the boys in front of something less busy than the part of the background you chose. I am going to try one of these on the weekend!

Ive looked at doing one of these for a while but they look very time consuming! I like tho 'pop' the effect gives in the picture and this is amplified by their colourful clothing. I may have tried to put the boys in front of something less busy than the part of the background you chose. I am going to try one of these on the weekend!
Thanks Phil
Yes it was time consuming - the technique of taking the shot is pretty straightforward and relatively quick if you read up on it. I was surprised though at the post production - took much more than I thought both in terms of time & effort! There's a few actions applied other than the panorama stitching to give the look above.
You're absolutely right on the background - I knew roughly what sort of thing I wanted, but on reflection it may have been a little ambitious going for this for a first try. I was in a rapeseed field with them just prior to this (see other shots on this thread) and originally had intended to do the Brenizer there (although how PS would have managed the stitching with so much all-the-same yellow would have been interesting to see), but we were politely invited to move!
Thanks for your comments.
Jim

Back