1st attempt at stars

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are 2 pictures taken whilst out on the 2015 Night time extravaganza meet, this is the 1st time I've shot static stars, I've had a go a star trails but never static stars.

Both shots are of the Ribblehead Viaduct

I really like the results, I think that the Milkyway is just visible in the 1st image but I'm not sure how to extract it as this is my 1st attempt at this type of photography.

1 - Nikon D610, 14mm, f/2.8, iso 1600, 13 seconds

2 - Nikon D610, 14mm, f/2.8, iso 1250, 10 seconds
[url=https://flic.kr/p/sjoK3e]
[/url]

I really like those Billy.
In my opinion, for a 1st attempt you've nailed it! (y)

Great first attempt. been meaning to give this a go for some time now

Outstanding results. I shot some recently at ISO 800, I'll try 1600 next time.

These are great, the bridge makes for great foreground interest leading up to the stars!!

Matt
Cheers Matt,

I can't wait to go back, there is another meet in a few weeks, weather permitting it should be a great shoot.

great picture , if you want to bring out the milky way, then you will have to take about 40/50 shots & stack them in a free program called deep sky stacker, also there are things called darks, bais & flat frames to add but that is another story

great picture , if you want to bring out the milky way, then you will have to take about 40/50 shots & stack them in a free program called deep sky stacker, also there are things called darks, bais & flat frames to add but that is another story
Thanks for the info, I'm hopefully going again with a few off here, I'll have a read about the software

Number 2 is very good and very very good for first attempt. Well done.

id be happy with both those shots - first or fiftieth attempt!
composition and colours are spot on.

both looks really good images but if i have to pick, i would say composition of the first one and background colour of the second pic, good job

Both very good shots for first time at static stars. Milky Way definitely visible in the first, but I prefer number 2.
Look forward to seeing your next results - just a shame I cant get up there for the next meet that is planned.

Here are 2 pictures taken whilst out on the 2015 Night time extravaganza meet, this is the 1st time I've shot static stars, I've had a go a star trails but never static stars.

Both shots are of the Ribblehead Viaduct

I really like the results, I think that the Milkyway is just visible in the 1st image but I'm not sure how to extract it as this is my 1st attempt at this type of photography.

1 - Nikon D610, 14mm, f/2.8, iso 1600, 13 seconds

2 - Nikon D610, 14mm, f/2.8, iso 1250, 10 seconds

If you want to give yourself a better starting point with the Milky Way then try ISO 6400 @ f2.8 @ 30 secs. or something around those settings.

ISO6400 f2.8 30secs from horizon up.

ISO1600 f2.8 300 secs from horizon down.

Blended with a layer mask and a soft brush.

Stack-Rocks-Milky-Way

Back