1st attempt

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st time at capturing a shot like this...no where near as good as all the others in this section but, its slightly OOF, but I was happy with the prop blur. I.D. would be most welcome.

C&C will be much appreciated.

-----
graham

Good deep rotor blur and nice angle, but could do with being brighter and more colour saturated IMHO.

Ed

Helicopters are one of the most difficult aircraft to photography and achieve prop blur. This is mainly because the main rotorblades aren't really going around that fast, so picking you shutter speed to match and give rotor blur is challenging. Also the light conditions play a major factor as well. The other problem faced, is as you slow the camera's shutter speed down, you also introduce camera shake, because the shutter is open longer, making your images soft (less sharp) or blurred. There's a fine line between the right shutter speed and correct technique. Must admit, I find getting a good image of a helicopter difficult, say from the Chinook display for example.

Although helicopter moving left to right, this shot was reasonably straight forward to achieve because the light conditions were good enough to get the camera settings I wanted.
IMG_1794copy1.jpg

Focal Length: 300.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125) TV Priority
Aperture: f/18.0
ISO Equiv.: 200

Peter

Back