1st Christening. [Edits updated]

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked to attend a colleagues grandaughters christening to take some pics after the event. I've not done anything like this before so fancied taking it on.

The Priest announced that I was an official photographer.. because I had two SLR's :bang::bang: cheers.

I sent a nice PDF with all the pics in it and she loved it, but would like some CC on how to improve. I only had

500D/50mm 1.8
1000D/17-50 2.8

So I Really needed a bit of extra zoom.

1)

Baby Feet by ^Joe, on Flickr

2)

Georgia May H - Pre Christening by ^Joe, on Flickr

3)

Ceremony by ^Joe, on Flickr

4)

Georgia Mai by ^Joe, on Flickr

5)

Christening Formal by ^Joe, on Flickr

6)

Georgia Mai by ^Joe, on Flickr

Last edited:
3 and 6 look very cold on the skin tones. I'd personally try and warm them up as it'll make a far nicer photo.

Not done a bad job there mate for a first go!(y)

2,I would crop off the face looking in as although the kids eyes are stunning i still keep getting drawn away!

3,I would crop into an up right again to remove the body as this doesn't add anything to the pic!

A simple way of getting round the skin tone issues is stick em in BW!

For a first time they are ok. Everyone has stated what really needs to be done. You have toyed with three of them but they are still way off. Try again with your processing skills, i am sure you can do much better.

dekeyboy said:
For a first time they are ok. Everyone has stated what really needs to be done. You have toyed with three of them but they are still way off. Try again with your processing skills, i am sure you can do much better.

Thanks but I really don't have any processing skills. What exactly do you think needs doing? Cheers.

They are much better after you have sorted the WB out, for a first go they are great id be pleased with these if i was the parents

What processing software do you have?

Back