1st Day of Wimbledon Championships

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
We made our regular trip to SW19 on Monday, this time for the first day of the championships with tickets for No.1 court so got to see Rafa's shock defeat. We were a bit distant this year, being back in row U, so some of the long shots have required fairly hard cropping with having to shoot at 200mm.

Anyway, here's a selection:

Michael Russell by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Radek Stepanek by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Steve Darcis by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

Rafael Nadal by Pam & Ben, on Flickr

More in the set for those interested here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75189466@N00/sets/72157634313136823/

Fortunately we'll be going next week for the men's QFs and even more fortunately I've just had a shiny AF-S 300mm f/4 and TC14eII arrive to help with the long stuff as we'll be a long way back again.

to be fair they don't look like they've suffered too much in the cropping, good set :)

Nice frames, i went the other day with a ground ticket and didnt get anything that decent apart from a few of robson on the practice court..

Nice and sharp, colours are good and the light looked favourable. None of the poses are flattering though - they all look like a rubbish bunch of tennis players in those captures, very awkward in their positioning... timing seems to be everything in this situation.

Back