1st day out with New Tamron 150-600mm

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Was this on a mono/tripod? 1/250s never been able to get many good shots the 150-500mm

#4 is looking very blue to me and #5 slightly warmer

#1/3 are my favs and nice and sharp.

Thanks Guys- all hand held Bryn, ( although I do have both a Mono-pod and Tripod )- the sun did make a brief appearance hence a couple looking warmer than the others

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely set of images Les, #1 & #3 would also be my fav's if I had to choose. I'm surprised you managed to get them as sharp with that lens at a 250th without some sort of support.(y)

George.

Wow they look great for hand held. The VC must work really well. I have to admit that this lens is next on my list for later in the year. Are they the full frame or cropped?

I think that even with the lens's image stabilisation you are never going to be able to really judge the Tamron 150-600mm's capability at 1/250th. Also, depending on focal length - No EXIF given on your Flickr images. The light in the UK is generally not good at the moment.

Last edited:
Why are they in general? Scared of all the 'proper' bird togs in the bird section? :D

Love #5, nice composition and she stands out well against the bg. Looks like you're going to get on just fine with the new lens. :)

Thank you ;)

I think that even with the lens's image stabilisation you are never going to be able to really judge the Tamron 150-600mm's capability at 1/250th. Also, depending on focal length - No EXIF given on your Flickr images. The light in the UK is generally not good at the moment.

all shot at 600mm end of the range hand held as I walked around my land Image stabilisation was ON

ISO 400
F7.1
1/250th sec

Les :D

Wow, some negativity here!
Cracking set Les, you have certainly mastered the 150-600 very well - I'm not surprised as your ability with your previous Sigma 150-500 was clearly demonstrated with the images you produced.

Wow, some negativity here!
Cracking set Les, you have certainly mastered the 150-600 very well - I'm not surprised as your ability with your previous Sigma 150-500 was clearly demonstrated with the images you produced.

Thank you Roger- as I said 1st time out in less than favorable condition light wise

I do prefer this lens to my old 150-500mm I have to say and as for the negativity, I'm guess they're jealous :exit:

Les ;)

all shot at 600mm end of the range hand held as I walked around my land Image stabilisation was ON

ISO 400
F7.1
1/250th sec

Les :D

....Then I think they are very good and would have been even better if the light had been better. You could probably brighten up the shadows of #2 a bit in post-processing.

Most reviewers are saying that the Tamron 150-600mm is generally sharp but not so sharp at the 600mm end but that it's very good value for money. The Sigma 150-600mm is considered slightly better but weighs a ton! The Canon 100-400mm is the highest quality of the three zooms but is the most expensive. You pays your money and takes your pick.

You walked around your property for these shots with your lens but is it lightweight enough to carry handheld all day out in the woods etc?

It does take time to 'know' a new lens.

Btw, I'm just being very honest about what I see - I'm certainly not jealous as I'm buying a Canon 100-400mm Mk2.

Last edited:
....Then I think they are very good and would have been even better if the light had been better. You could probably brighten up the shadows of #2 a bit in post-processing.

Most reviewers are saying that the Tamron 150-600mm is generally sharp but not so sharp at the 600mm end but that it's very good value for money. The Sigma 150-600mm is considered slightly better but weighs a ton! The Canon 100-400mm is the highest quality of the three zooms but is the most expensive. You pays your money and takes your pick.

You walked around your property for these shots with your lens but is it lightweight enough to carry handheld all day out in the woods etc?

It does take time to 'know' a new lens.

Btw, I'm just being very honest about what I see - I'm certainly not jealous as I'm buying a Canon 100-400mm Mk2.

Light enough for me to carry all day as I usually carry a 12 bore semi auto shotgun or a .243 rifle around my land ALL DAY - I couldnt buy a Canon 100-400mm as I shoot SONY

Les

Sony sensor plus this Tamron lens looks like a great combination. I bet you are looking forward to getting to know the lens more and for different light. Weather and wildlife never do what you ideally want them to do though!

Sony sensor plus this Tamron lens looks like a great combination. I bet you are looking forward to getting to know the lens more and for different light. Weather and wildlife never do what you ideally want them to do though!

Yes I agree the sensor works very well although as previously stated the light was very poor, can't wait till Spring and some sunshine

Les

Well these shots have made me order one myself! That's all my spending done now. Can't wait to get out and start taking some pictures.

Back