Edit My Images
No

The speeding patrol car.

RJB_5724.jpg

The bus.

RJB_5728.jpg

The junction.

RJB_5730.jpg

1st ever try at this so all helpful suggestions appreciated.

gramps said:

The speeding patrol car.

The bus.

The junction.

1st ever try at this so all helpful suggestions appreciated.

I'm no expert on this as I've never done it but I like them.

What was your setup?

Thanks, these were all taken with the D3 and 24-70 and tripod obviously - varied between 10 & 15 seconds, f10-f20, all exif is intact.
Other than that it was available cover from oncoming vehicles and regularly punctuated by "Oo - who's coming down here then" or "Do you want to take my picture?" :D

This is something i know a bit about and they look great i see you had the f stop at f 13 if you play with that you can get different effects on the street lights the closest one is a bit distracting (y)

Being a busy city and had I been a bit more agile/quick, during the evening I could have had police car, ambulance and fire engine within about an hour at various places!

This is something i know a bit about and they look great i see you had the f stop at f 13 if you play with that you can get different effects on the street lights the closest one is a bit distracting (y)

(y) Good point, I'll give that a try.

Great effort!
I've had a few goes at this sort of thing & failed quite badly.

I usually try to do it just after sunset, so you get that inky blue sky. But I know that is difficult this time of year.

Yes bensilcox that is park street.

Spence

Last edited:
Is that park street in Bristol??

Great effort!
I've had a few goes at this sort of thing & failed quite badly.

I usually try to do it just after sunset, so you get that inky blue sky. But I know that is difficult this time of year.

Yes bensilcox that is park street.

Spence

(y) yes Park Street, just past the Council House.
These were taken at the end of the evening, hence no inky blue sky, even earlier unfortunately there was too much cloud cover to get that.

Blimey that was brave, with all the drunks about!!:LOL:

Safety in numbers, there were six of us so we were able to share the interruptions :D

It's the positioning of the nearest streetlamp that makes it look awkward, I think the lens has handled the direct light pretty well. You've done a good enough job of the trails in this location, somewhere with a little less ambient light would let you emphasise the trails more.

"Do you want to take my picture?" :D

Yup, get that a lot :wacky:

Hi, love the first one with the blue trails, it stood out a mile even in the small format on the iPad! Well done..........I may go out and get me one at some point.....never tried it myself yet

Back