1st macro attempt

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just went out with my new Sigma 105 to give it a test. Was a bit windy and overcast and hardly anything was in flower in the botanic gardens!

Got a few shots which don't look 'too' bad. Comments and tips appreciated :) I think I've got the DoF a bit too shallow?

img1148ecopy.jpg

img1144editcopy.jpg

img1137opy.jpg

DOF will be low with F2.8 lol.

If possible, use a tripod. I recently did some additional macro shots (albeit indoors) with tripood and smaller aperture. Made a world of difference.

These are nice shots btw. The shallow dof on the first gives the petals a nice sort of milky feel.

The petals on 3 seem a bit over-exposed.

DOF will be low with F2.8 lol.

If possible, use a tripod. I recently did some additional macro shots (albeit indoors) with tripood and smaller aperture. Made a world of difference.

These are nice shots btw. The shallow dof on the first gives the petals a nice sort of milky feel.

The petals on 3 seem a bit over-exposed.

yeh I meant I should've upped to F6 ish or something to try and get all all of the stamens a bit sharper, thanks for the feedback :)

You might want to take it up past f/6. Take the shutter speed down to something like 1/80 and use f/18 or something around there.

Great first efforts though. Much better than mine I must admit. 1st one is very good.

Back